MILLCREEK — Three people, including a Unified police officer, received minor injuries in a two-alarm house fire early Friday, while one woman who lived in the house is still unaccounted for.
The fire was reported about 6 a.m. at 4555 S. 785 East.
"Initial reports were we had people trapped in the structure," said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Clint Mecham.
A nearby Unified police officer arrived at the house and went inside to make sure everyone was out. Both the officer and two occupants had to be treated for smoke inhalation at the scene, Mecham said.
Soon after the first fire crews arrived, a second alarm was called.
"When the second alarm was called out, with the roads being snow packed, it delayed some of their arrival times a little bit," he said. Firefighters also had to battle slick conditions around the house as the water poured onto the structure froze on the areas around them.
As of 9 a.m., a woman in her mid-30s who was renting the basement apartment was still unaccounted for, Mecham said. "She just hasn't been located yet. Her whereabouts, we're just trying to confirm that."
Fire crews have searched the entire structure and found no evidence of the woman being inside or that she was in the house when the fire started.
The cause of the fire was still under investigation.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip and...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 75
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 71
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Herbert on Common Core: 'We are going... 37
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14