GRANTSVILLE — Crews responded to a small house fire here overnight.
The incident happened about 1 a.m. at a house that had been undergoing some remodeling, said Grantsville Fire Chief Bret Anderson.
"It's just got some old wiring that somehow crossed and created a spark and lit a little fire in the attic. So insulation was on fire," he said.
A mother and three children were able to evacuate safely. A damage estimate was not immediately available, but Anderson believed the house was still livable.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Christmas giving project makes former patient...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 97
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18