Ravell Call, Deseret News
DAVIS COUNTY — Snowpacked and slick roads from a winter storm that was still dropping snow Friday morning forced several school closures Friday, especially in Davis and Weber counties.
The following is a complete list of school closures. Additional closures will be posted as they are announced.
All Davis County schools have been closed today because of snow. The University of Utah canceled all classes after 1 p.m.
Layton Christian Academy
Weber State University
Capitol Hill Academy — Salt Lake City
Legacy Preparatory Academy — North Salt Lake and Woods Cross
Salt Lake Community College — all campuses
DaVinci Academy — Ogden
Venture Academy — Marriott-Slaterville
Nightingale College — Ogden
Spectrum Academy — North Salt Lake
Syracuse Arts Academy
North Davis Prep Academy
Nuames — Layton
Ogden Preparatory Academy starts at 10 am. Kindergarten has no school.
Liberty Academy — Salem
Davis County government employees snow day. All emergency personnel report as usual.
Westminster College morning classes closed; evening classes to be determined
Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College
Jefferson Academy — Kaysville
School of Discovery — Park City
Canyon Rim Academy — Salt Lake City
Wasatch Christian School — Ogden
City Academy, a Salt Lake City charter school, is closing at 4:05 p.m.
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Updated newborn screening test picks up rare...
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex parents...
- District attorney asks A.G. to consider...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- Two killed in high-speed, fiery crash into...
- 2 hospitalized after 6-car pileup in Centerville
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for students
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 126
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex... 75
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 45
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 31
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19