Grant programs for purchasing homes easier to obtain than thought
The Community Development Corporation of Utah offers down payment assistance grants to first-time home buyers in Utah. The amount of the grant is dependent on the location of the home. Only certain geographical areas have down payment assistance available. The current areas are Salt Lake City, Murray City and Salt Lake County Unincorporated (i.e., Magna, Kearns, Millcreek, White City, Copperton). Visit www.cdcutah.org or contact the Community Development Corporation of Utah at 501 E. 1700 South, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84105, or by phone at 801-994-7222.
NeighborWorks Salt Lake also offers down payment assistance grants to first-time home buyers purchasing single-family homes in targeted neighborhoods within Salt Lake. Visit www.nwsaltlake.org or contact NeighborWorks Salt Lake at 622 W. 500 North Salt Lake City, Utah, 84116, or by phone at 801-539-1590.
Christine Alleman is a licensed real estate agent with the state of Utah. She has 11 years of experience selling real estate full time with Alliance Realtors. "A happy client is an educated client" -Christine Alleman
- Are extended warranties on gadgets worth the...
- 7 in 10 will need long-term care, ready or not
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care of mom...
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement
- Black Friday's biggest sellers
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- 10 must-know facts about weather-related home...
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can diminish...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 9
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 7
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 7
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2
- European Union fines global banks $2.3... 1