SALT LAKE CITY — Olympic gold medalist and world champion Ted Ligety will be featured on the TV special "U.S. Ski Team 36" on NBC. Viewers can follow Ligety in the 36 hours leading up to one of the biggest competitions of the year, the Audi FIS World Cup in Alta Badia.
"'U.S. Ski Team 36' is a great way to show the intensity of competition at this level and to expose great athletes like Ted Ligety on national television,” said Michael Jaquet, U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association chief marketing officer, in a news release.
NBC plans to broadcast "U.S. Ski Team 36" on Sunday, Jan. 13, at 1:30 p.m. (MST) and will have re-airs of the show on NBC Sports Network.
Born in Salt Lake City, Ligety won gold in the 2006 Olympics and is also a three-time World Cup champion. So far, he has 14 victories, 33 podiums and 90 top-10 finishes in the World Cup competition.
Kylie Lewis is an intern for the Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and does other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho, receiving a bachelor's degree in communications.
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Motherhood Matters: What I learned from...
- 12 Disney movies that are coming out in 2015
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Reader voices: The loss of a dog
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 10
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup... 10
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos... 5
- Want your child to eat more fruits and... 4
- Sherry Young: Nostalgia, airplanes and... 4
- Motherhood Matters: To grouchy moms... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Family motto helps LDS couple put... 4