SALT LAKE CITY — Olympic gold medalist and world champion Ted Ligety will be featured on the TV special "U.S. Ski Team 36" on NBC. Viewers can follow Ligety in the 36 hours leading up to one of the biggest competitions of the year, the Audi FIS World Cup in Alta Badia.
"'U.S. Ski Team 36' is a great way to show the intensity of competition at this level and to expose great athletes like Ted Ligety on national television,” said Michael Jaquet, U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association chief marketing officer, in a news release.
NBC plans to broadcast "U.S. Ski Team 36" on Sunday, Jan. 13, at 1:30 p.m. (MST) and will have re-airs of the show on NBC Sports Network.
Born in Salt Lake City, Ligety won gold in the 2006 Olympics and is also a three-time World Cup champion. So far, he has 14 victories, 33 podiums and 90 top-10 finishes in the World Cup competition.
Kylie Lewis is an intern for the Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and does other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho, receiving a bachelor's degree in communications.
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Over and out: TV flops, exits and endings in...
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Some communities suggest penalizing parents...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 8
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 5
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 4
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders... 2
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas... 2