SALT LAKE CITY — Olympic gold medalist and world champion Ted Ligety will be featured on the TV special "U.S. Ski Team 36" on NBC. Viewers can follow Ligety in the 36 hours leading up to one of the biggest competitions of the year, the Audi FIS World Cup in Alta Badia.
"'U.S. Ski Team 36' is a great way to show the intensity of competition at this level and to expose great athletes like Ted Ligety on national television,” said Michael Jaquet, U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association chief marketing officer, in a news release.
NBC plans to broadcast "U.S. Ski Team 36" on Sunday, Jan. 13, at 1:30 p.m. (MST) and will have re-airs of the show on NBC Sports Network.
Born in Salt Lake City, Ligety won gold in the 2006 Olympics and is also a three-time World Cup champion. So far, he has 14 victories, 33 podiums and 90 top-10 finishes in the World Cup competition.
Kylie Lewis is an intern for the Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and does other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho, receiving a bachelor's degree in communications.
- Do we really need milk?
- Motherhood Matters: What if I don’t...
- Your triplets just got even more special
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new song,...
- The Clean Cut: Girl asks boy with Down...
- The Clean Cut: Christian musician releases...
- Utah woman is a finalist on Hallmark...
- Renovation Solutions: Determining the best...
- Do we really need milk? 20
- After more than 6 years, 3 families... 11
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain... 6
- Terminating parental rights: State... 2
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new... 2
- Motherhood Matters: What if I... 2
- Dan Wells talks about right, wrong in... 1
- Online harassment is most often... 1