SALT LAKE CITY — Olympic gold medalist and world champion Ted Ligety will be featured on the TV special "U.S. Ski Team 36" on NBC. Viewers can follow Ligety in the 36 hours leading up to one of the biggest competitions of the year, the Audi FIS World Cup in Alta Badia.
"'U.S. Ski Team 36' is a great way to show the intensity of competition at this level and to expose great athletes like Ted Ligety on national television,” said Michael Jaquet, U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association chief marketing officer, in a news release.
NBC plans to broadcast "U.S. Ski Team 36" on Sunday, Jan. 13, at 1:30 p.m. (MST) and will have re-airs of the show on NBC Sports Network.
Born in Salt Lake City, Ligety won gold in the 2006 Olympics and is also a three-time World Cup champion. So far, he has 14 victories, 33 podiums and 90 top-10 finishes in the World Cup competition.
Kylie Lewis is an intern for the Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and does other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho, receiving a bachelor's degree in communications.
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Character counts, but politics, gender... 28
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6