SALT LAKE CITY — Olympic gold medalist and world champion Ted Ligety will be featured on the TV special "U.S. Ski Team 36" on NBC. Viewers can follow Ligety in the 36 hours leading up to one of the biggest competitions of the year, the Audi FIS World Cup in Alta Badia.
"'U.S. Ski Team 36' is a great way to show the intensity of competition at this level and to expose great athletes like Ted Ligety on national television,” said Michael Jaquet, U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association chief marketing officer, in a news release.
NBC plans to broadcast "U.S. Ski Team 36" on Sunday, Jan. 13, at 1:30 p.m. (MST) and will have re-airs of the show on NBC Sports Network.
Born in Salt Lake City, Ligety won gold in the 2006 Olympics and is also a three-time World Cup champion. So far, he has 14 victories, 33 podiums and 90 top-10 finishes in the World Cup competition.
Kylie Lewis is an intern for the Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and does other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho, receiving a bachelor's degree in communications.
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- This is what you look like to a newborn baby
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Behind the rapid shift in public opinion on...
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling posts video of...
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings national anthem at...
- BYU's Vocal Point hopes to 'uplift and...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 70
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the... 42
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 25
- BYUtv announces cancellation of... 8
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: The... 6
- A look at same-sex marriage reaction... 5
- Obama lauds high court decision on gay... 5
- LDS musician Alex Boyé thrills... 5