SALT LAKE CITY — Olympic gold medalist and world champion Ted Ligety will be featured on the TV special "U.S. Ski Team 36" on NBC. Viewers can follow Ligety in the 36 hours leading up to one of the biggest competitions of the year, the Audi FIS World Cup in Alta Badia.
"'U.S. Ski Team 36' is a great way to show the intensity of competition at this level and to expose great athletes like Ted Ligety on national television,” said Michael Jaquet, U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association chief marketing officer, in a news release.
NBC plans to broadcast "U.S. Ski Team 36" on Sunday, Jan. 13, at 1:30 p.m. (MST) and will have re-airs of the show on NBC Sports Network.
Born in Salt Lake City, Ligety won gold in the 2006 Olympics and is also a three-time World Cup champion. So far, he has 14 victories, 33 podiums and 90 top-10 finishes in the World Cup competition.
Kylie Lewis is an intern for the Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and does other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho, receiving a bachelor's degree in communications.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Face time vs. screen time: The technological...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- No, you shouldn't feel bad about taking a nap
- Road Home to use Midvale shelter one more...
- BYU announces Mitt Romney, Disney...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- It's about time the government... 12
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Social problems... 7
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7
- Erin Stewart: Parents: Stop pushing... 6
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5
- The Clean Cut: CBS News features boy... 5
- Parenting advice that changed my life 4