“Love Notes” (Lionsgate, 2007, not rated, $14.98). Lifetime channel movie has a classical-music critic (Laura Leighton) becoming pregnant after a one-night stand with a country-music star (Antonio Cupo). She plans to allow her infertile best friend to adopt the child but things change when the friend’s husband walks out.
“Seal Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden” (Anchor Bay/Blu-ray, 2012, not rated, $24.99, featurette). This TV movie initially aired on the National Geographic Channel, becoming its highest rated show. The title tells all for this cheapjack production raced out to coincide with the release of “Zero Dark Thirty.” (Also on DVD, $19.98)
“Hit & Run” (Universal/Blu-ray, 2012; R for language, sex, nudity, violence, drugs; $34.98, DVD and digital copies, deleted scenes, featurettes, trailers). Dax Shepard (TV’s “Parenthood”) wrote and directed this idiotic and extremely disgusting chase film in which he stars with significant other Kristen Bell and pals Bradley Cooper and Kristin Chenoweth. (Also on DVD, $29.98)
“Guns, Girls and Gambling” (Universal/Blu-ray, 2012, not rated, $26.98). Christian Slater is relieved of his wallet, stranding him in an Indian casino where he enters an Elvis-impersonation contest (alongside a surprisingly bland Gary Oldman) and becomes involved in a feud between casino owners and tough-guy Powers Boothe. Another Quentin Tarantino wannabe. (Also on DVD, $19.98)
“Sleep Tight” (Dark Sky/Blu-ray, 2012, not rated, $29.98, in Spanish with English subtitles, featurettes, trailer). Psychological horror has a doorman at a Barcelona apartment building obsessing over a tenant, but what begins as stalking soon turns to terrorizing. (Also on DVD, $24.98)
“The Wise Kids” (Wolfe, 2012, not rated, $24.95, featurettes). Three Southern Baptist teens are forced to confront their doubts and fears in this coming-of-age melodrama.
“War of the Dead” (eOne/Blu-ray, 2012, not rated, two discs, $24.98, DVD copy). During World War II, an American unit out to destroy a Nazi bunker comes under attack from soldiers they had killed earlier. Yes, another Nazi zombie movie. (Also on DVD, $19.98)
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Brandon Mull's new 'Sky Raiders' shares...
- Dancing for Food: Dance event raises $40K for...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Book review: Brandon Sanderson's 'Words of...
- First look at modernized 'Annie' produced by...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 63
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 7
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance... 5
- PBS science correspondent Miles O'Brien... 1
- First look at modernized 'Annie'... 1