VERNAL — An autopsy performed on a man found dead inside a mobile home earlier this week showed he was a victim of homicide, Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen said Thursday.
Sheriff's deputies were called to the Country Village trailer park near Gusher about 3:40 p.m. Monday for a welfare check. Inside, they found the body of David Urrutia, 38, of Fort Duchesne.
Laursen declined to release any other details about the case Thursday, including the apparent cause of Urrutia's death, citing the ongoing nature of the investigation.
The Utah Attorney General's Office, the Utah State Crime Lab, the FBI and Uintah County Attorney's Office have investigators working the case with the sheriff's department.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9