VERNAL — An autopsy performed on a man found dead inside a mobile home earlier this week showed he was a victim of homicide, Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen said Thursday.
Sheriff's deputies were called to the Country Village trailer park near Gusher about 3:40 p.m. Monday for a welfare check. Inside, they found the body of David Urrutia, 38, of Fort Duchesne.
Laursen declined to release any other details about the case Thursday, including the apparent cause of Urrutia's death, citing the ongoing nature of the investigation.
The Utah Attorney General's Office, the Utah State Crime Lab, the FBI and Uintah County Attorney's Office have investigators working the case with the sheriff's department.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- Utahns stay out late to see lunar eclipse
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 70
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Lawmakers to BLM: Sending seized Nevada... 23
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23