VERNAL — An autopsy performed on a man found dead inside a mobile home earlier this week showed he was a victim of homicide, Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen said Thursday.
Sheriff's deputies were called to the Country Village trailer park near Gusher about 3:40 p.m. Monday for a welfare check. Inside, they found the body of David Urrutia, 38, of Fort Duchesne.
Laursen declined to release any other details about the case Thursday, including the apparent cause of Urrutia's death, citing the ongoing nature of the investigation.
The Utah Attorney General's Office, the Utah State Crime Lab, the FBI and Uintah County Attorney's Office have investigators working the case with the sheriff's department.
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Audit: Drinking water connection requirements...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 25
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15