VERNAL — An autopsy performed on a man found dead inside a mobile home earlier this week showed he was a victim of homicide, Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen said Thursday.
Sheriff's deputies were called to the Country Village trailer park near Gusher about 3:40 p.m. Monday for a welfare check. Inside, they found the body of David Urrutia, 38, of Fort Duchesne.
Laursen declined to release any other details about the case Thursday, including the apparent cause of Urrutia's death, citing the ongoing nature of the investigation.
The Utah Attorney General's Office, the Utah State Crime Lab, the FBI and Uintah County Attorney's Office have investigators working the case with the sheriff's department.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16