VERNAL — An autopsy performed on a man found dead inside a mobile home earlier this week showed he was a victim of homicide, Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen said Thursday.
Sheriff's deputies were called to the Country Village trailer park near Gusher about 3:40 p.m. Monday for a welfare check. Inside, they found the body of David Urrutia, 38, of Fort Duchesne.
Laursen declined to release any other details about the case Thursday, including the apparent cause of Urrutia's death, citing the ongoing nature of the investigation.
The Utah Attorney General's Office, the Utah State Crime Lab, the FBI and Uintah County Attorney's Office have investigators working the case with the sheriff's department.
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Thousands attend second Utah Lantern Fest
- Smithfield man charged with murdering his father
- West Valley police investigating Sunday...
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 90
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 49
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 47
- Romney 'dismayed' by presidential... 47
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 35
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 28