AMERICAN FORK — The Alpine School District will hold a parent night to discuss needs of students with autism.
The event will run from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, at the Legacy Elementary Media Center, 28 E. 1340 North. The topic is behavior strategies for students on the autism spectrum.
Jannica Dale, the presenter for the evening, is a special-education teacher with experience as a small-group autism teacher. She will be speaking about behavior strategies to help establish and maintain positive relationships and avoid conflict.
Depending on the needs of parents, there may be follow-up meetings at two-week intervals to discuss the use of the behavior strategies in the home setting.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16