AMERICAN FORK — The Alpine School District will hold a parent night to discuss needs of students with autism.
The event will run from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, at the Legacy Elementary Media Center, 28 E. 1340 North. The topic is behavior strategies for students on the autism spectrum.
Jannica Dale, the presenter for the evening, is a special-education teacher with experience as a small-group autism teacher. She will be speaking about behavior strategies to help establish and maintain positive relationships and avoid conflict.
Depending on the needs of parents, there may be follow-up meetings at two-week intervals to discuss the use of the behavior strategies in the home setting.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 30
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13