AMERICAN FORK — The Alpine School District will hold a parent night to discuss needs of students with autism.
The event will run from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, at the Legacy Elementary Media Center, 28 E. 1340 North. The topic is behavior strategies for students on the autism spectrum.
Jannica Dale, the presenter for the evening, is a special-education teacher with experience as a small-group autism teacher. She will be speaking about behavior strategies to help establish and maintain positive relationships and avoid conflict.
Depending on the needs of parents, there may be follow-up meetings at two-week intervals to discuss the use of the behavior strategies in the home setting.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12