PROVO — The Provo City Council has selected new leadership for the 2013 calendar year. First-term Councilman Gary Winterton will replace Laura Cabanilla as council chairman, and fellow first-term Councilman Kay Van Buren will serve as vice-chairman.
“I am honored to have the council’s support. I am hoping to work closely with my colleagues and the mayor to advance Provo’s future and to continue the momentum and positive energy already occurring in the city,” Winterton said.
“I look forward to working closely with … Winterton and coordinate council priorities with the council staff," Van Buren added.
The City Council also acts in the capacity of the city’s Redevelopment Agency Board. Councilmen Sterling Beck and Gary Garrett were selected as chairman and vice-chairman, respectively.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 22