PROVO — The Provo City Council has selected new leadership for the 2013 calendar year. First-term Councilman Gary Winterton will replace Laura Cabanilla as council chairman, and fellow first-term Councilman Kay Van Buren will serve as vice-chairman.
“I am honored to have the council’s support. I am hoping to work closely with my colleagues and the mayor to advance Provo’s future and to continue the momentum and positive energy already occurring in the city,” Winterton said.
“I look forward to working closely with … Winterton and coordinate council priorities with the council staff," Van Buren added.
The City Council also acts in the capacity of the city’s Redevelopment Agency Board. Councilmen Sterling Beck and Gary Garrett were selected as chairman and vice-chairman, respectively.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 29
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15