PROVO — The Provo City Council has selected new leadership for the 2013 calendar year. First-term Councilman Gary Winterton will replace Laura Cabanilla as council chairman, and fellow first-term Councilman Kay Van Buren will serve as vice-chairman.
“I am honored to have the council’s support. I am hoping to work closely with my colleagues and the mayor to advance Provo’s future and to continue the momentum and positive energy already occurring in the city,” Winterton said.
“I look forward to working closely with … Winterton and coordinate council priorities with the council staff," Van Buren added.
The City Council also acts in the capacity of the city’s Redevelopment Agency Board. Councilmen Sterling Beck and Gary Garrett were selected as chairman and vice-chairman, respectively.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 22
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18