PROVO — The Provo City Council has selected new leadership for the 2013 calendar year. First-term Councilman Gary Winterton will replace Laura Cabanilla as council chairman, and fellow first-term Councilman Kay Van Buren will serve as vice-chairman.
“I am honored to have the council’s support. I am hoping to work closely with my colleagues and the mayor to advance Provo’s future and to continue the momentum and positive energy already occurring in the city,” Winterton said.
“I look forward to working closely with … Winterton and coordinate council priorities with the council staff," Van Buren added.
The City Council also acts in the capacity of the city’s Redevelopment Agency Board. Councilmen Sterling Beck and Gary Garrett were selected as chairman and vice-chairman, respectively.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7