PROVO — The Provo City Council has selected new leadership for the 2013 calendar year. First-term Councilman Gary Winterton will replace Laura Cabanilla as council chairman, and fellow first-term Councilman Kay Van Buren will serve as vice-chairman.
“I am honored to have the council’s support. I am hoping to work closely with my colleagues and the mayor to advance Provo’s future and to continue the momentum and positive energy already occurring in the city,” Winterton said.
“I look forward to working closely with … Winterton and coordinate council priorities with the council staff," Van Buren added.
The City Council also acts in the capacity of the city’s Redevelopment Agency Board. Councilmen Sterling Beck and Gary Garrett were selected as chairman and vice-chairman, respectively.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Police answering welfare call find woman...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14