OREM — After more than a month off since the season-opening meet in late November, the Utah Valley University men's and women's indoor track and field teams are back in action this weekend at the BYU Invitational.
The first four events in the men's heptathlon begin Thursday and the men's and women's discus, while the remainder of the events get underway Friday at 11:30 a.m. with the men's long jump. The men's heptathlon will continue at 11:30 a.m. and the women's pentathlon will begin at noon.
All events will be contested at the BYU Smith Fieldhouse with the exception of the discus, which will be held in the BYU Indoor Practice Facility located just west of the Smith Fieldhouse.
Laryea-Akrong won the 60m open at 6.80 seconds, the 60-meter dash at 6.78 and placed second in the 200m at 21.77. Taylor placed third in the 60m open (6.96), fifth in the 60m dash (6.95) and third in the 200m (21.82).
Sharp won the women's 5000m (17:49.51).
Schedule of Events
Men's Heptathlon-1st Day (start times based on 30 min rest)
2 p.m. - 60m
2:35 p.m. - LJ
3:25 p.m. - SP
4:15 p.m. - HJ
Field Events (Thursday Discus in the IPF)
7 p.m. - Warm-up
7:30 p.m. - Discus (M) 8:45 - Discus (W)
Men's Heptathlon - 2nd Day
11 a.m. - 60mH
11:45 a.m. - Pole Vault
1:30 p.m. - 1000m
Women's Pentathlon (start times based on 30 min rest)
12 p.m. - 60mH
12:45 p.m. - HJ
2:00 p.m. - SP
2:50 p.m. - LJ
3:40 p.m. - 800m
11:30 a.m. - Long Jump (M)
12:45 a.m. -bLong Jump (W)
1 p.m. - High Jump (M)
1 p.m. - Pole Vault (W)
2 p.m. - Pole Vault (M)
3 p.m. - High Jump (W)
3 p.m. - Triple Jump (M)
4 p.m. - Triple Jump (W)
1 p.m. - 60mH Trials (M)
1:15 p.m. - 60mH Trials (W)
1:30 p.m. - 60m Trials (M)
1:40 p.m. - 60m Trials (W)
1:50 p.m. - Mile (M)
2:00 p.m. - Mile (W)
2:10 p.m. - 60mH Finals (M)
2:20 p.m. - 60mH Finals (W)
2:30 p.m. - 60m Finals (M)
2:35 p.m. - 60m Finals (W)
2:40 p.m. - 400m (M)
2:50 p.m. - 400m (W)
3:05 p.m. - 800m (M)
3:15 p.m. - 800m (W)
3:25 p.m. - 300m (M)
3:35 p.m. - 300m (W)
3:45 p.m. - 3000m (M)
4:00 p.m. - 3000m (W)
4:10 p.m. - 4 x 1 Lap Relay (M)
4:20 p.m. - 4 x 400 Relay (W)
10 a.m. - 35 lb Weight (M)
10 a.m. - Shot Put (W)
11:30 a.m. - 20 lb Weight (W)
11:30 a.m. - Shot Put (M)
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Injured Tyler Haws could play when BYU hosts...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 41
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28