Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz scorch nets and Bobcats, 112-102
"We played inside-out basketball," Jefferson said. "They were trying to double team me. Paul got off and they started worrying about Paul. I got off and they started worrying about both of us. Gordon and DC (Carroll) and all those guys were hitting big shots. It just worked out."
Carroll finished with 10 points and six rebounds while filling in as the starting small forward for injured Marvin Williams, who will sit out at least three games because of right knee inflammation.
The Jazz also got 10 points, six rebounds and two blocked shots from Derrick Favors and had another solid effort from combo guard Alec Burks (12 points, three assists). Foye scored nine points all on 3-pointers.
From the assists and defensive helping to Tinsley's sideline cheering and a celebratory scream by Big Al after Millsap hit a tough shot in the first half, this was as cohesive of a showing as the Jazz have had all year.
"These guys are great, man. It's a great group of guys that really get along with each other," said Corbin, whose team was two games below .500 just over a week ago. "The encouraging thing about it is they continue to make each other better by competing in practice every day. And when you get in the game, it's a unit and they stay together."
NOTES: Rookie Kevin Murphy made his first appearance for the Jazz since Nov. 19 after being called up from the D-League on Tuesday. Utah was shooting 57 percent midway through the fourth before cooling off a bit down the stretch, keeping its Dec. 3 game against the Clippers as its season-best shooting night (.568). Corbin, who's from nearby Columbia, S.C., had 30-plus family members and friends in attendance. ... Injured point guard Mo Williams returned to Utah on Monday after his Friday surgery in New York City, but he did not accompany the team on this trip. He'll be out at least six weeks.
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 145
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 46
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 27