Utah Jazz build big lead over Charlotte Bobcats at halftime
Utah Jazz forward Paul Millsap scored 15 first-half points to lead the Jazz to a 63-44 halftime lead over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night.
The Jazz built an eight-point lead after an 8-2 run in the first quarter that put the score at 20-12. The Bobcats closed the gap to 32-31 early in the second, but Jazz guard Gordon Hayward hit three 3-pointers to blow the game open.
Utah shot a blistering 58 percent from the field in the first half, including 7-14 on 3-pointers.
Center Al Jefferson added 12 points and six rebounds for the Jazz. Ramon Sessions led the Bobcats in the first half with 11 points.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: TheShums
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28