Utah Jazz build big lead over Charlotte Bobcats at halftime
Utah Jazz forward Paul Millsap scored 15 first-half points to lead the Jazz to a 63-44 halftime lead over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night.
The Jazz built an eight-point lead after an 8-2 run in the first quarter that put the score at 20-12. The Bobcats closed the gap to 32-31 early in the second, but Jazz guard Gordon Hayward hit three 3-pointers to blow the game open.
Utah shot a blistering 58 percent from the field in the first half, including 7-14 on 3-pointers.
Center Al Jefferson added 12 points and six rebounds for the Jazz. Ramon Sessions led the Bobcats in the first half with 11 points.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: TheShums
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34