SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Corp. is seeking candidates for appointment to the Business Advisory Board. Currently, there are unfilled seats in City Council districts 1, 5, 6 and 7, and interested and qualified candidates within all districts will be considered.
The board advises the mayor and City Council on issues impacting Salt Lake City’s business community. Staffed by the Department of Community and Economic Development, the board helps direct city economic policy, promote small business growth, support local entrepreneurs and assists the city in remaining responsive to the business community.
Eleven voting members and five non-voting members are appointed by the mayor and serve on the board for two-, three- or four-year terms as designated. In addition to their advisory duties, board members serve as ambassadors of the city, educating various groups and communities on Salt Lake City's policies to encourage local business development.
Each member must be at least 21 years of age, and either be a resident or have ownership interest in a business located within Salt Lake City. Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month from 8-9:30 a.m. at the Salt Lake City-County Building, 451 S. State, Room 326.
Those interested in serving on the board can visit: www.slcgov.com/node/565, or contact Jessica Thesing at 801-535-7159 or email@example.com for more information. Council district information can be found at council.slcgov.com.
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull options
- Review: 'Smash Bros.' makes brutality adorable
- Dave Ramsey says: Saving for education trumps...
- Why the ugly sweater business is booming
- Why 'Shark Tank' investor Barbara Corcoran...
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 11
- White House: Immigration steps would... 7
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops... 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 3
- The unstoppable powerhouse of Disney's... 1
- The best time of year to buy (Hint:... 1