SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Corp. is seeking candidates for appointment to the Business Advisory Board. Currently, there are unfilled seats in City Council districts 1, 5, 6 and 7, and interested and qualified candidates within all districts will be considered.
The board advises the mayor and City Council on issues impacting Salt Lake City’s business community. Staffed by the Department of Community and Economic Development, the board helps direct city economic policy, promote small business growth, support local entrepreneurs and assists the city in remaining responsive to the business community.
Eleven voting members and five non-voting members are appointed by the mayor and serve on the board for two-, three- or four-year terms as designated. In addition to their advisory duties, board members serve as ambassadors of the city, educating various groups and communities on Salt Lake City's policies to encourage local business development.
Each member must be at least 21 years of age, and either be a resident or have ownership interest in a business located within Salt Lake City. Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month from 8-9:30 a.m. at the Salt Lake City-County Building, 451 S. State, Room 326.
Those interested in serving on the board can visit: www.slcgov.com/node/565, or contact Jessica Thesing at 801-535-7159 or email@example.com for more information. Council district information can be found at council.slcgov.com.
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- Lawsuit accuses state of illegally pursuing...
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- Things are looking up in the economy, but not...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric... 4