SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Corp. is seeking candidates for appointment to the Business Advisory Board. Currently, there are unfilled seats in City Council districts 1, 5, 6 and 7, and interested and qualified candidates within all districts will be considered.
The board advises the mayor and City Council on issues impacting Salt Lake City’s business community. Staffed by the Department of Community and Economic Development, the board helps direct city economic policy, promote small business growth, support local entrepreneurs and assists the city in remaining responsive to the business community.
Eleven voting members and five non-voting members are appointed by the mayor and serve on the board for two-, three- or four-year terms as designated. In addition to their advisory duties, board members serve as ambassadors of the city, educating various groups and communities on Salt Lake City's policies to encourage local business development.
Each member must be at least 21 years of age, and either be a resident or have ownership interest in a business located within Salt Lake City. Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month from 8-9:30 a.m. at the Salt Lake City-County Building, 451 S. State, Room 326.
Those interested in serving on the board can visit: www.slcgov.com/node/565, or contact Jessica Thesing at 801-535-7159 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Council district information can be found at council.slcgov.com.
- Q-and-A with Vale Hale: a 'pretty...
- Rebate or tax credit? Clean air proposal...
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Study: Apple's new iPhones score big in...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Remembering the most brilliant man in the room
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 4
- Rebate or tax credit? Clean air... 3
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2
- Where’s the app for an earthquake... 2
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars... 2