High school boys basketball: Pine View, Carbon, Jordan players lead state in stat categories
The Deseret News has tracked scoring leaders at DeseretNews.com for over a decade, but in the past two years we’ve started tracking individual statistics for rebounds, steals and assists as well.
This year, 96 of the state’s 129 boys basketball teams are cooperating and sending in their supplemental basketball stats after each game.
The result is an in-depth database of basketball stats across the state.
With region play getting under way for most of the state this week, Pine View’s Kody Wilstead leads the state in rebounding at 12.6 rpg, Jordan’s Chandler Smith leads the state in assists at 8.2 apg and Carbon’s Dakota Cisneros leads the state in steals at 4.2 spg.
West Ridge's Joe Giacchetti is running away with the scoring title this season as he's averaging 34.0 ppg.
Find out where other boys basketball players rank in our sortable and searchable Deseret News stat leaders.
Also, here’s a look back at the statewide scoring leaders for the past 11 years.
2001-2002 — Brock Beck (Woods Cross), 24.1 ppg
2002-2003 — Mantas Armonas (Wasatch Academy), 25.2 ppg
2003-2004 — Bowie Jeffs (Emery), 24.7 ppg
2004-2005 — Dane Schofield (Dugway), 23.5 ppg
2005-2006 — Brian Harris (Salt Lake Lutheran), 24.7 ppg
2006-2007 — Preston Eaton (Springville), 23.4 ppg
2007-2008 — C.J. Wilcox (Pleasant Grove), 23.7 ppg
2008-2009 — C.J. Wilcox (Pleasant Grove), 23.8 ppg
2009-2010 — David Black (Mount Vernon), 26.1 ppg
2010-2011 — Jaden Jackson (Skyline), 25.0 ppg
2011-2012 — Justin Johnson (Green River), 33.4 ppg
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30