COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — Two men pulled over in a routine traffic stop early Wednesday were arrested after police said they found drugs, guns and money in their vehicle.
Scott Seaman, 47, and Clinton Beverleigh, 37, were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of weapons by a restricted person.
About 12:30 a.m., an officer spotted a vehicle make an illegal lane change near 7180 S. Union Park Drive, and then not move when a stop light turned green, said Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Mark Askerlund.
The vehicle was pulled over and officers found several grams of methamphetamine, about $6,000 in cash and two firearms inside, he said.
Both men were arrested and taken to jail.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system draws...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13