2 arrested after drugs, guns, cash found in car, police say
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — Two men pulled over in a routine traffic stop early Wednesday were arrested after police said they found drugs, guns and money in their vehicle.
Scott Seaman, 47, and Clinton Beverleigh, 37, were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of weapons by a restricted person.
About 12:30 a.m., an officer spotted a vehicle make an illegal lane change near 7180 S. Union Park Drive, and then not move when a stop light turned green, said Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Mark Askerlund.
The vehicle was pulled over and officers found several grams of methamphetamine, about $6,000 in cash and two firearms inside, he said.
Both men were arrested and taken to jail.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- 4 honored with 2016 Public Service Awards
- Utah STEM Action Center establishes...
- Tyler Library to reopen June 11
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 106
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 14
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9