COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — Two men pulled over in a routine traffic stop early Wednesday were arrested after police said they found drugs, guns and money in their vehicle.
Scott Seaman, 47, and Clinton Beverleigh, 37, were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of weapons by a restricted person.
About 12:30 a.m., an officer spotted a vehicle make an illegal lane change near 7180 S. Union Park Drive, and then not move when a stop light turned green, said Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Mark Askerlund.
The vehicle was pulled over and officers found several grams of methamphetamine, about $6,000 in cash and two firearms inside, he said.
Both men were arrested and taken to jail.
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 58
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 44
- U. student government passes resolution... 31
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 26
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17