2 arrested after drugs, guns, cash found in car, police say
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — Two men pulled over in a routine traffic stop early Wednesday were arrested after police said they found drugs, guns and money in their vehicle.
Scott Seaman, 47, and Clinton Beverleigh, 37, were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of weapons by a restricted person.
About 12:30 a.m., an officer spotted a vehicle make an illegal lane change near 7180 S. Union Park Drive, and then not move when a stop light turned green, said Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Mark Askerlund.
The vehicle was pulled over and officers found several grams of methamphetamine, about $6,000 in cash and two firearms inside, he said.
Both men were arrested and taken to jail.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 34
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 31
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22
- Government regulation has become like... 22