2 arrested after drugs, guns, cash found in car, police say
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — Two men pulled over in a routine traffic stop early Wednesday were arrested after police said they found drugs, guns and money in their vehicle.
Scott Seaman, 47, and Clinton Beverleigh, 37, were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of weapons by a restricted person.
About 12:30 a.m., an officer spotted a vehicle make an illegal lane change near 7180 S. Union Park Drive, and then not move when a stop light turned green, said Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Mark Askerlund.
The vehicle was pulled over and officers found several grams of methamphetamine, about $6,000 in cash and two firearms inside, he said.
Both men were arrested and taken to jail.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14