Gail Burton, AP
Media and communication workers are the most unemployed people in the nation, but maybe not for long.
This week, the Wall Street Journal released an unemployment rates by occupation list. But the problem with looking at the most employable and unemployable jobs is that next year, it could be completely different, as is shown by the media industry.
In 2011, media and communication equipment workers had a 2.7 percent unemployment rate. Incredibly, in 2012 it rose 40.8 percentage points to 43.5 percent unemployment.
The area includes occupations in arts, design, entertainment, sports and media occupations.
For atmospheric and space scientists, the unemployment rate was 0 percent in 2012, but the year previous it was 4.6 percent.
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- 15 actions families are taking today to make...
- Religious companies can now opt out of paying...
- How to pay off all your student debt with one...
- The 20 best cities to live in for first-time...
- A solution to paying that medical bill you...
- How depression threatens financial well-being
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make comparisons when...
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- Food stamp use shows continued... 9
- Want to increase attraction in your... 7
- How to eat on just $4 a day 7
- Religious companies can now opt out of... 5
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 5
- A solution to paying that medical bill... 4