Gail Burton, AP
Media and communication workers are the most unemployed people in the nation, but maybe not for long.
This week, the Wall Street Journal released an unemployment rates by occupation list. But the problem with looking at the most employable and unemployable jobs is that next year, it could be completely different, as is shown by the media industry.
In 2011, media and communication equipment workers had a 2.7 percent unemployment rate. Incredibly, in 2012 it rose 40.8 percentage points to 43.5 percent unemployment.
The area includes occupations in arts, design, entertainment, sports and media occupations.
For atmospheric and space scientists, the unemployment rate was 0 percent in 2012, but the year previous it was 4.6 percent.
- Should cash be part of your emergency fund?
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for students
- Why the CEO of the Container Store pays...
- Top 10 insurance myths that people think are...
- Should you install your own kitchen cabinets?
- How to take the scare out of the cost of...
- Today's must-read faith and family stories
- Most popular Halloween costumes
- Why the CEO of the Container Store pays... 9
- Americans still prefer male bosses 8
- Landlords may be charging pet fees just... 7
- 9 things we routinely overpay for 6
- Employers and job seekers might as well... 5
- Pay raises are more rare despite strong... 4
- Facebook is now helping its female... 4
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4