Gail Burton, AP
Media and communication workers are the most unemployed people in the nation, but maybe not for long.
This week, the Wall Street Journal released an unemployment rates by occupation list. But the problem with looking at the most employable and unemployable jobs is that next year, it could be completely different, as is shown by the media industry.
In 2011, media and communication equipment workers had a 2.7 percent unemployment rate. Incredibly, in 2012 it rose 40.8 percentage points to 43.5 percent unemployment.
The area includes occupations in arts, design, entertainment, sports and media occupations.
For atmospheric and space scientists, the unemployment rate was 0 percent in 2012, but the year previous it was 4.6 percent.
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- How to be a billionaire
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 12
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 12
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 3
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah... 3