Gail Burton, AP
Media and communication workers are the most unemployed people in the nation, but maybe not for long.
This week, the Wall Street Journal released an unemployment rates by occupation list. But the problem with looking at the most employable and unemployable jobs is that next year, it could be completely different, as is shown by the media industry.
In 2011, media and communication equipment workers had a 2.7 percent unemployment rate. Incredibly, in 2012 it rose 40.8 percentage points to 43.5 percent unemployment.
The area includes occupations in arts, design, entertainment, sports and media occupations.
For atmospheric and space scientists, the unemployment rate was 0 percent in 2012, but the year previous it was 4.6 percent.
- Student loan recipients on 'strike'... 86
- Does it really matter if you grew up... 8
- Obama calls for payday loan regulations... 5
- Michelle Singletary: Short-term loans... 4
- Renovation Solutions: How to survive a... 2
- Dave Ramsey says: Paying kids for good... 2
- Political polarization is a driving... 1