Gail Burton, AP
Media and communication workers are the most unemployed people in the nation, but maybe not for long.
This week, the Wall Street Journal released an unemployment rates by occupation list. But the problem with looking at the most employable and unemployable jobs is that next year, it could be completely different, as is shown by the media industry.
In 2011, media and communication equipment workers had a 2.7 percent unemployment rate. Incredibly, in 2012 it rose 40.8 percentage points to 43.5 percent unemployment.
The area includes occupations in arts, design, entertainment, sports and media occupations.
For atmospheric and space scientists, the unemployment rate was 0 percent in 2012, but the year previous it was 4.6 percent.
- How much is your diploma worth? Money...
- 5 ways to save money, improve quality of life...
- Why you must teach your children about money
- 25 states with the lowest levels of personal...
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- Davis County cities propose property tax...
- Do jobs need to be fulfilling?
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- How much is your diploma worth? Money... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 5
- Consumer index climbs to record level... 4
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 2
- $1,000 Sovaldi now hepatitis treatment... 2