Gail Burton, AP
Media and communication workers are the most unemployed people in the nation, but maybe not for long.
This week, the Wall Street Journal released an unemployment rates by occupation list. But the problem with looking at the most employable and unemployable jobs is that next year, it could be completely different, as is shown by the media industry.
In 2011, media and communication equipment workers had a 2.7 percent unemployment rate. Incredibly, in 2012 it rose 40.8 percentage points to 43.5 percent unemployment.
The area includes occupations in arts, design, entertainment, sports and media occupations.
For atmospheric and space scientists, the unemployment rate was 0 percent in 2012, but the year previous it was 4.6 percent.
- 25 cities that are winning at education
- Consumers fuel steady US economy as rest of...
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- 4 warning signs your teen is destined for bad...
- Germany to Greece: Don't mess with us over...
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Child grooms of Nepal are married off as...
- Markets brace for Big Oil profit plunge
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 5
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- Obama to seek to bust spending limits... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 3
- Consumers fuel steady US economy as... 2
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your... 2
- Tess Frame: Five reasons you’re... 1