Gail Burton, AP
Media and communication workers are the most unemployed people in the nation, but maybe not for long.
This week, the Wall Street Journal released an unemployment rates by occupation list. But the problem with looking at the most employable and unemployable jobs is that next year, it could be completely different, as is shown by the media industry.
In 2011, media and communication equipment workers had a 2.7 percent unemployment rate. Incredibly, in 2012 it rose 40.8 percentage points to 43.5 percent unemployment.
The area includes occupations in arts, design, entertainment, sports and media occupations.
For atmospheric and space scientists, the unemployment rate was 0 percent in 2012, but the year previous it was 4.6 percent.
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Dave Ramsey says: Time shares can limit...
- Who should be listed on your car insurance?
- How much of your paycheck do you take home?
- Alicia Keys is asking a simple question to...
- Why one inner-city kid didn't sell drugs to...
- Why starting a garden doesn't save you money
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems