PROVO, Utah — The BYU men's and women's swimming and diving teams will travel to warmer weather this weekend to take on No. 18 Arizona State University on Friday at 1 p.m. MST at the Mona Plummer Aquatic Center.
"This is an outstanding opportunity to compete against a great team," head coach John Brooks said. "Their girls team is ranked in the top 20 nationally and so it will be good for our girls to race them and our guys team will have their hands full as well."
Last season, the Cougars hosted ASU at the Richards Building Pool and split the contest. The women fell 122-117 and the men won 132-111.
This is the first meet of the second half of the season for BYU. The team had Christmas off before returning to Provo to take part in their annual Christmas training.
"We worked hard during the Christmas training," Brooks said. "I'm excited for the results we will have as we prepare for conference."
Over the first half of the season, the Cougars had many swimmers record top times in their races in the MPSF conference standings. Currently, Preston Jenkins holds the second fastest time in the 100 and 200 back. Joining him with the second fastest individual times in conference are Kimberly Welch Doroghian who is second in the 200 fly, Hailey Campbell who is second in the 100 back and Hayden Palmer who is second in the 400 medley.
There are also three swimmers who hold the third fastest times in their respective events. Robert Miner is third in the 500 free, Campbell is third in the 200 back and Alexandra Dodds is third in the 400 medley.
Check the men's schedule page for results of the meet.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play for...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- Randy Hollis: Finally, the state's 'Big Four'...
- College football countdown No. 39: BYU...
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- 10 local storylines to follow as NFL training...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 27
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 22
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 12
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 8