Delightful homemade hot chocolate recipes abound for frigid winter days
½ cup white chocolate chips
2 cups whole milk
½ cup heavy cream
½ to 1 teaspoon real vanilla
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the heavy cream and white chocolate chips. Stir until the white chocolate chips are melted. Stir in milk and vanilla extract. Peppermint flakes can be added for variety.
PUMPKIN SPICE HOT CHOCOLATE
1½ cups dark chocolate hot cocoa water or milk
6 cups milk
6 tablespoons canned pumpkins
6 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons vanilla extract
1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice whipped cream (optional)
Make 1½ cups dark chocolate hot cocoa as directed on package with water or milk and set aside. In a saucepan, combine milk, pumpkin, and sugar; cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, transfer to a blender, and process for 15 seconds until foamy. Pour into mugs and pour some of the dark chocolate hot cocoa into each mug. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Men experience the pains of labor through...
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury from...
- Former middle-class moms choose new identity...
- Hundreds of volunteers tackle service...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah man...
- A crash course in 'Star Trek' for non-Trekkies
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15
- Angelina Jolie announcement leads to... 12
- L.A. filmmaker tries to re-brand... 10
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 9
- Utah lawmakers look to regulate child... 8
- New app helps consumers purchase... 8
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Once in a while,... 5
- Man exonerated after 15 years in prison... 5