Delightful homemade hot chocolate recipes abound for frigid winter days
½ cup white chocolate chips
2 cups whole milk
½ cup heavy cream
½ to 1 teaspoon real vanilla
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the heavy cream and white chocolate chips. Stir until the white chocolate chips are melted. Stir in milk and vanilla extract. Peppermint flakes can be added for variety.
PUMPKIN SPICE HOT CHOCOLATE
1½ cups dark chocolate hot cocoa water or milk
6 cups milk
6 tablespoons canned pumpkins
6 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons vanilla extract
1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice whipped cream (optional)
Make 1½ cups dark chocolate hot cocoa as directed on package with water or milk and set aside. In a saucepan, combine milk, pumpkin, and sugar; cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, transfer to a blender, and process for 15 seconds until foamy. Pour into mugs and pour some of the dark chocolate hot cocoa into each mug. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Flu season off and running in Utah; H1N1...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Families celebrate Christmas traditions as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Genealogy: A journal has many uses
- Holiday video game guide: Something for...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 117
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 8
- The Killers collaborates with Owen... 7
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh... 6
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5