Delightful homemade hot chocolate recipes abound for frigid winter days
½ cup white chocolate chips
2 cups whole milk
½ cup heavy cream
½ to 1 teaspoon real vanilla
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the heavy cream and white chocolate chips. Stir until the white chocolate chips are melted. Stir in milk and vanilla extract. Peppermint flakes can be added for variety.
PUMPKIN SPICE HOT CHOCOLATE
1½ cups dark chocolate hot cocoa water or milk
6 cups milk
6 tablespoons canned pumpkins
6 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons vanilla extract
1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice whipped cream (optional)
Make 1½ cups dark chocolate hot cocoa as directed on package with water or milk and set aside. In a saucepan, combine milk, pumpkin, and sugar; cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, transfer to a blender, and process for 15 seconds until foamy. Pour into mugs and pour some of the dark chocolate hot cocoa into each mug. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Celebrities and their kids: Family is still...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Salt Lake father-son team take first in 3rd...
- Are millennials really the generation we...
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see their...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation... 9
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 7
- Doug Robinson: Reuniting families... 6
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 5
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion... 4