"My job was finding all the info we could about the Bhutanese glaciers that had been compiled. I created a map showing where all of these glaciers were ... for easy access."
Burgener's experience being a part of research at BYU as a graduate student in the geology department was a huge opportunity, especially being a part of research that was being used in papers and other studies.
"For geology particularly, BYU is an amazing place to study," he said. "We've got so many awesome national parks and state parks that have amazing rock exposures and are all very close to campus. In almost every undergrad and grad class we didn't just learn about things in the classroom, but got to take fieldtrips and get out into the world and learn to apply."
Mandy Morgan is an enterprise intern for the Deseret News, reporting on values in the media. She is a true-blue Aggie, studying Journalism and Political Science at Utah State University, and hails from Highland, Utah.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11