USU basketball: Jarred Shaw named to collegehoopsdaily.com Midseason All-WAC Team
Utah State men's basketball player Jarred Shaw was named to the collegehoopsdaily.com Midseason all-Western Athletic Conference Team.
The publication announced a five-player awards list for each conference in Division I, and the five players selected for the WAC are the same as the publication's Player of the Month list for November and December. Shaw was joined by San Jose State guard James Kinney, Louisiana Tech guard Raheem Appleby, Texas State forward Matt Staff and Idaho center Kyle Barone.
Shaw, a junior center from Dallas, Texas (Carter HS/Oklahoma State), is currently 13th in the WAC in scoring overall with 12.7 points per game, while ranking tied for 15th in WAC only games with 11.5 ppg. He also is fifth in overall rebounding with 8.6 rebounds per game and is fourth in league only games with 8.0 rpg. Shaw also is seventh in overall blocked shots per game (1.36) and is tied for seventh in conference only games (1.50). Additionally, Shaw is fifth in the league in overall field goal percentage (.537) and 14th in overall free throw percentage (.723). Shaw has five double-doubles on the season, including 12 points and 12 rebounds in USU's 82-75 overtime win over Idaho on Saturday.
USU, which is 13-1 on the season, is receiving a vote in this week's USA Today/Coaches Top 25 Poll.
The Aggies are also in first-place in the Western Athletic Conference with a 4-0 league mark. After four games in a span of one week last week, Utah State only has one game this week, wrapping up a three-game homestand by hosting San Jose State (8-6, 3-1) on Friday, Jan. 11, at 7 p.m. at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum. The game will be televised regionally on KMYU.
For USU men's basketball ticket information, contact the USU Athletics Ticket Office by calling 1-888-USTATE-1 or 435-797-0305 during regular hours of operation. Fans can also buy their tickets in person at the USU Ticket Office inside the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum or online.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33