Utah Jazz: Clean-cut Gordon Hayward helps team whack Dallas Mavericks (+ video)
Burks also responded with a big game, scoring a season-high 13, including a shot-clock-beating 3-pointer to tie it at 86-all and two clutch free throws with 21.2 seconds remaining to help seal the win.
"We needed to get some pace," Corbin said of the lineup, which didn't include either of sidelined Mo Williams' usual backups, Jamaal Tinsley or Earl Watson. "We needed to get some scoring. We got in a lull there."
Millsap had 14 points and nine rebounds and Foye added 10 points to help the Jazz overcame 40.3 percent shooting. While Utah struggled inside the arc, the Jazz hit 10-of-19 3-pointers, topped by Hayward's 4 for 5 effort and a Hayward-assisted Marvin Williams buzzer-beater before halftime.
And then there was that stifling fourth-quarter defense.
"I thought (on) the defensive end, we were really in tune to what was going on in that fourth quarter," Corbin said. "We got down eight and they had a chance to take us down 10. But I thought our defense picked it up. We got our hands on a lot of balls. As a result, when we got down the floor, we played with the right sense of urgency. We got the ball to the right guy." On this night, that right guy was often Hayward, who got plenty of razzing about his new hairdo and clean-cut face.
"I needed to get it cut, a little mix up," the 22-year-old said, smiling. "I definitely felt a little lighter out there."
Dallas coach Rick Carlisle was most impressed with Hayward's night.
"Hayward had a great game. He hurt as all night long," Carlisle said. "He is a very athletic player. He is very skilled and he understands how to play. He got us time and time again."
NOTES: Jazz center Enes Kanter played 15 minutes, scoring six points with seven rebounds, after missing the past two games with a sprained right ankle. Utah has beaten Dallas three times in a row. Utah begins a three-game road trip Wednesday in Charlotte.
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new walk-on...
- Red and blue recruits: A first look at...
- Tyler Haws' NBA dream path takes a detour to...
- BYU coaches happy about development of...
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- Prized Ute transfer Cory Butler-Byrd object...
- BYU football notebook: Mendenhall encouraged...
- Don't underestimate the glitter and the pink:...
- Morning links: Cougars examined by USA... 56
- AP preseason top 25 poll: Utah, BYU... 55
- Rock On: Sarkisian runs afoul of BYU... 37
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 30
- Utah Jazz: Withey, 7-footer with two... 21
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 21
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 20