Utah Jazz: Clean-cut Gordon Hayward helps team whack Dallas Mavericks (+ video)
Burks also responded with a big game, scoring a season-high 13, including a shot-clock-beating 3-pointer to tie it at 86-all and two clutch free throws with 21.2 seconds remaining to help seal the win.
"We needed to get some pace," Corbin said of the lineup, which didn't include either of sidelined Mo Williams' usual backups, Jamaal Tinsley or Earl Watson. "We needed to get some scoring. We got in a lull there."
Millsap had 14 points and nine rebounds and Foye added 10 points to help the Jazz overcame 40.3 percent shooting. While Utah struggled inside the arc, the Jazz hit 10-of-19 3-pointers, topped by Hayward's 4 for 5 effort and a Hayward-assisted Marvin Williams buzzer-beater before halftime.
And then there was that stifling fourth-quarter defense.
"I thought (on) the defensive end, we were really in tune to what was going on in that fourth quarter," Corbin said. "We got down eight and they had a chance to take us down 10. But I thought our defense picked it up. We got our hands on a lot of balls. As a result, when we got down the floor, we played with the right sense of urgency. We got the ball to the right guy." On this night, that right guy was often Hayward, who got plenty of razzing about his new hairdo and clean-cut face.
"I needed to get it cut, a little mix up," the 22-year-old said, smiling. "I definitely felt a little lighter out there."
Dallas coach Rick Carlisle was most impressed with Hayward's night.
"Hayward had a great game. He hurt as all night long," Carlisle said. "He is a very athletic player. He is very skilled and he understands how to play. He got us time and time again."
NOTES: Jazz center Enes Kanter played 15 minutes, scoring six points with seven rebounds, after missing the past two games with a sprained right ankle. Utah has beaten Dallas three times in a row. Utah begins a three-game road trip Wednesday in Charlotte.
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal for...
- Free agent roundup: 14 locals from BYU, Utah,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September schedule:...
- Salt Lake residents may find it difficult to...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- Utes have three players taken on the second...
- Ranking the 33 Utah ties selected in the NFL...
- BYU seeking its 4th straight rugby national...
- Brad Rock: Utah-BYU rivalry will... 158
- Dick Harmon: Utes clearly lead local... 80
- BYU announces 2015 football schedule,... 75
- Yeomans: What does Jimmer Fredette need... 54
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 52
- BYU hires Lone Peak's Quincy Lewis as... 38
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September... 38
- BYU's 2015 bowl destination could be... 31