NAPERVILLE, Ill. - Utah Valley University's Ben Aird has been named Great West Conference Player of the Week after last week's triple-double performance in the GWC opener. The award was announced Monday by the conference office.
Aird finished with 26 points, 13 rebounds and 10 blocks in the league's opening game, a 57-52 loss to NJIT. The 26-point output matched his career high and the 10 blocks broke his own school mark, which was set earlier this season against Troy.
The junior from Bountiful, Utah, is the second player in UVU's Division I history to achieve the triple-double as his teammate, Nick Thompson, managed the feat Dec. 28 against Austin Peay.
Utah Valley plays a non-conference contest Wednesday at UMKC in Kansas City before returning home to host Houston Baptist in Great West action Saturday.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19