NAPERVILLE, Ill. - Utah Valley University's Ben Aird has been named Great West Conference Player of the Week after last week's triple-double performance in the GWC opener. The award was announced Monday by the conference office.
Aird finished with 26 points, 13 rebounds and 10 blocks in the league's opening game, a 57-52 loss to NJIT. The 26-point output matched his career high and the 10 blocks broke his own school mark, which was set earlier this season against Troy.
The junior from Bountiful, Utah, is the second player in UVU's Division I history to achieve the triple-double as his teammate, Nick Thompson, managed the feat Dec. 28 against Austin Peay.
Utah Valley plays a non-conference contest Wednesday at UMKC in Kansas City before returning home to host Houston Baptist in Great West action Saturday.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 28
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21