NAPERVILLE, Ill. - Utah Valley University's Ben Aird has been named Great West Conference Player of the Week after last week's triple-double performance in the GWC opener. The award was announced Monday by the conference office.
Aird finished with 26 points, 13 rebounds and 10 blocks in the league's opening game, a 57-52 loss to NJIT. The 26-point output matched his career high and the 10 blocks broke his own school mark, which was set earlier this season against Troy.
The junior from Bountiful, Utah, is the second player in UVU's Division I history to achieve the triple-double as his teammate, Nick Thompson, managed the feat Dec. 28 against Austin Peay.
Utah Valley plays a non-conference contest Wednesday at UMKC in Kansas City before returning home to host Houston Baptist in Great West action Saturday.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 103
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 13
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5