NAPERVILLE, Ill. - Utah Valley University's Ben Aird has been named Great West Conference Player of the Week after last week's triple-double performance in the GWC opener. The award was announced Monday by the conference office.
Aird finished with 26 points, 13 rebounds and 10 blocks in the league's opening game, a 57-52 loss to NJIT. The 26-point output matched his career high and the 10 blocks broke his own school mark, which was set earlier this season against Troy.
The junior from Bountiful, Utah, is the second player in UVU's Division I history to achieve the triple-double as his teammate, Nick Thompson, managed the feat Dec. 28 against Austin Peay.
Utah Valley plays a non-conference contest Wednesday at UMKC in Kansas City before returning home to host Houston Baptist in Great West action Saturday.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32