Police look for connection in rash of robberies at Sugar House businesses
SALT LAKE CITY — A Sugar House restaurant was robbed at gunpoint Sunday, becoming the the sixth business in the area to be robbed in the past few weeks.
Police on Monday said they're looking into a possible connection between the robberies.
The latest incident was at Sconecutter, 2040 S. State, just before 6:30 p.m. A man walked into the restaurant, displayed a handgun and demanded money, said Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson.
The man was described a white, between 20 and 30 years old, about 5 feet 8 inches tall, with a high voice and a thin build. He was last seen wearing white gloves, a black beanie cap and a white parka with black sleeves.
The robbery was the latest of a half-dozen that have happened around the 2100 South corridor in recent weeks.
• Jan. 3. — A man walked up to the concession stand at Cinemark Movies 10, 2227 S. Highland Drive, brandished a gun and walked out with money and popcorn.
• Dec. 28 — A man with a handgun robbed Red Mango Yogurt, 1511 E. 2100 South.
• Dec. 21 — Baskin-Robbins, 1465 E. 2100 South, was robbed by an armed man wearing a fedora and a Halloween mask.
Other recent robberies include Alchemy Coffee, 390 E. 1700 South, and Yogurt Stop, 2153 E. 2100 South.
Josephson said investigators are working with other agencies in the valley to determine if the same man can be connected to other recent incidents outside of Salt Lake City.
Anyone with information about the robberies can call police at 801-799-3000.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while lunging...
- Six arrested in wild Utah County kidnapping;...
- Friends, family, strangers gather at vigil...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- 'Living nightmare' almost over for daughters...
- Ogden couple killed in murder-suicide identified
- 'They killed my son because he's black,'...
- 'They killed my son because he's... 78
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 65
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 51
- Taylorsville teacher injured after her... 47
- Do guns belong in the hands of... 39
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 34
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11