Police look for connection in rash of robberies at Sugar House businesses
SALT LAKE CITY — A Sugar House restaurant was robbed at gunpoint Sunday, becoming the the sixth business in the area to be robbed in the past few weeks.
Police on Monday said they're looking into a possible connection between the robberies.
The latest incident was at Sconecutter, 2040 S. State, just before 6:30 p.m. A man walked into the restaurant, displayed a handgun and demanded money, said Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson.
The man was described a white, between 20 and 30 years old, about 5 feet 8 inches tall, with a high voice and a thin build. He was last seen wearing white gloves, a black beanie cap and a white parka with black sleeves.
The robbery was the latest of a half-dozen that have happened around the 2100 South corridor in recent weeks.
• Jan. 3. — A man walked up to the concession stand at Cinemark Movies 10, 2227 S. Highland Drive, brandished a gun and walked out with money and popcorn.
• Dec. 28 — A man with a handgun robbed Red Mango Yogurt, 1511 E. 2100 South.
• Dec. 21 — Baskin-Robbins, 1465 E. 2100 South, was robbed by an armed man wearing a fedora and a Halloween mask.
Other recent robberies include Alchemy Coffee, 390 E. 1700 South, and Yogurt Stop, 2153 E. 2100 South.
Josephson said investigators are working with other agencies in the valley to determine if the same man can be connected to other recent incidents outside of Salt Lake City.
Anyone with information about the robberies can call police at 801-799-3000.
- AF High Band performs with borrowed...
- Alcohol use suspected in Uintah County crash...
- Executive action brings 'temporary relief'...
- Teen in Springville family found dead left...
- Man shot, killed in confrontation with police...
- Photos: Deseret Book winter display yields...
- 5 easy ways to make your money work for you
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 63
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 45
- Woman wears colander for driver's... 35
- Former presidential candidate Mitt... 32
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 23