SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake police say two men found dead in their home on Friday both died of gunshots believed to be the result of a murder-suicide.
A 70-year-old man allegedly shot his 67-year-old roommate before shooting himself at their home, 1011 S. 400 East, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson.
A motive for the shootings was not known Monday, though Josephson noted both men were battling "significant health issues." They were found dead after hospice workers had tried calling to check up on them and no one responded.
The names of the men had not been released Monday pending notification of family members. Josephson said police were having a hard time tracking down next of kin, as each victim listed the other as being their person to contact in case of an emergency.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 22
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 17
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 17
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 11