Deaths of 2 Salt Lake men the result of murder-suicide, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake police say two men found dead in their home on Friday both died of gunshots believed to be the result of a murder-suicide.
A 70-year-old man allegedly shot his 67-year-old roommate before shooting himself at their home, 1011 S. 400 East, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson.
A motive for the shootings was not known Monday, though Josephson noted both men were battling "significant health issues." They were found dead after hospice workers had tried calling to check up on them and no one responded.
The names of the men had not been released Monday pending notification of family members. Josephson said police were having a hard time tracking down next of kin, as each victim listed the other as being their person to contact in case of an emergency.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 37
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22