Deaths of 2 Salt Lake men the result of murder-suicide, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake police say two men found dead in their home on Friday both died of gunshots believed to be the result of a murder-suicide.
A 70-year-old man allegedly shot his 67-year-old roommate before shooting himself at their home, 1011 S. 400 East, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson.
A motive for the shootings was not known Monday, though Josephson noted both men were battling "significant health issues." They were found dead after hospice workers had tried calling to check up on them and no one responded.
The names of the men had not been released Monday pending notification of family members. Josephson said police were having a hard time tracking down next of kin, as each victim listed the other as being their person to contact in case of an emergency.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 85
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 25
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16