PROVO, Utah — The BYU softball team has announced the addition of Salt Lake Community College transfer Mylee Davis to the 2013 roster.
“We’re excited to add Mylee to our team,” head coach Gordon Eakin said. “She is a dedicated student-athlete who excels on the field and in the classroom. She has great leadership skills and will help bolster and solidify our strength behind the plate.”
Davis hales from Syracuse, Utah. She earned honorable mention all-state accolades in 2009 and was a second team all-state player in 2011 at Syracuse High School.
Davis played her freshman year at SLCC and competed in 53 games for the Bruins. SLCC ended last season with a 59-9 record and made it to the NJCAA National Championship, but lost to top-ranked Chattanooga State.
As a freshman, Davis recorded a .317 batting average with 10 doubles, five homeruns and 32 RBIs on the season.
Davis will help anchor BYU’s pitching staff who helped lead the Cougars to a 45-15 record and its eighth-straight postseason appearance in 2012.
BYU starts its season Feb. 7 at 1:30 p.m. MST against Colorado State in the Red Desert Classic.
Jamie Morris is the softball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Dick Harmon: Utah tries to break out of...
- For BYU, it's not about opponent — it's...
- BYU prepares for final tune-up; focus is on...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The championship edition
- BYU basketball: Judkins announces three signees
- Nixons share BYU basketball, Maui...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior season
- BYU football live: Cougars head into halftime...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 142
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 114
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21
- Dick Harmon: Hard-hitting safety Craig... 19
- BYU's senior class exemplifies... 18
- BYU rides big 2nd half in rout of... 17