PROVO, Utah — The BYU softball team has announced the addition of Salt Lake Community College transfer Mylee Davis to the 2013 roster.
“We’re excited to add Mylee to our team,” head coach Gordon Eakin said. “She is a dedicated student-athlete who excels on the field and in the classroom. She has great leadership skills and will help bolster and solidify our strength behind the plate.”
Davis hales from Syracuse, Utah. She earned honorable mention all-state accolades in 2009 and was a second team all-state player in 2011 at Syracuse High School.
Davis played her freshman year at SLCC and competed in 53 games for the Bruins. SLCC ended last season with a 59-9 record and made it to the NJCAA National Championship, but lost to top-ranked Chattanooga State.
As a freshman, Davis recorded a .317 batting average with 10 doubles, five homeruns and 32 RBIs on the season.
Davis will help anchor BYU’s pitching staff who helped lead the Cougars to a 45-15 record and its eighth-straight postseason appearance in 2012.
BYU starts its season Feb. 7 at 1:30 p.m. MST against Colorado State in the Red Desert Classic.
Jamie Morris is the softball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- BYU opponent preview: Mixing Riley's system...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 19