BYU football: Robert Anae's 10 best wins as BYU's offensive coordinator
Mike Terry , Deseret News
Robert Anae presided over the BYU offense during a historic time in Cougar football history, mentoring Max Hall, a quarterback with more wins than any other, and Harvey Unga, a phenomenal power running back.
After a two-year stint at the University of Arizona, Anae was rehired to the BYU offensive coordinator position, supplanting former BYU quarterback Brandon Doman at the helm.
The move was met with mixed reaction by the media and the fans, and Cougar nation sounded off on Twitter with thoughts and opinons. Those who advocated Anae's return generally commented on his success coaching Max Hall, Harvey Unga and the offensive line. Those who complained about Anae's return generally complained about the predictability of his play calling.
Anae's return gives us the opportunity to take a look back at the biggest successes of his previous tenure as BYU's offensive coordinator, both in terms of defeating notable opponents and in terms of impressive offensive production.
Among Anae's most remarkable offensive games are four wins against ranked teams, three wins against what was then the PAC-10, and one win against arch-rival Utah.
Also on the list are two wins against FCS teams and a game that demonstrated the potential of former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 76
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 63
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37