Body of missing Draper woman found; foul play not suspected
Shara Park, Deseret News
DRAPER — Police have confirmed that a body found Sunday night in a construction area is that of a missing Draper woman.
The body of Lisa Rosa, 57, was found in a construction area, 14886 Traverse Ridge Road, near Rosa's home. Investigators were waiting Monday to release a cause of death pending an autopsy report from the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office. But Draper police spokeswoman Maridene Hancock said foul play was not suspected.
Rosa was reporting missing about 3:30 p.m. Sunday. About 9:30 p.m., neighbors searching for Rosa found her body in the snow. Police said the bitter cold weather may have played a factor in her death.
Initially, it was reported that Rosa was last seen wearing pink pajamas, no shoes and no coat. When her body was found, she was dressed in clothing "appropriate to go for a walk," Hancock said.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12