Body of missing Draper woman found; foul play not suspected
Shara Park, Deseret News
DRAPER — Police have confirmed that a body found Sunday night in a construction area is that of a missing Draper woman.
The body of Lisa Rosa, 57, was found in a construction area, 14886 Traverse Ridge Road, near Rosa's home. Investigators were waiting Monday to release a cause of death pending an autopsy report from the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office. But Draper police spokeswoman Maridene Hancock said foul play was not suspected.
Rosa was reporting missing about 3:30 p.m. Sunday. About 9:30 p.m., neighbors searching for Rosa found her body in the snow. Police said the bitter cold weather may have played a factor in her death.
Initially, it was reported that Rosa was last seen wearing pink pajamas, no shoes and no coat. When her body was found, she was dressed in clothing "appropriate to go for a walk," Hancock said.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 29
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 18
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 18
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17