Body of missing Draper woman found; foul play not suspected
Shara Park, Deseret News
DRAPER — Police have confirmed that a body found Sunday night in a construction area is that of a missing Draper woman.
The body of Lisa Rosa, 57, was found in a construction area, 14886 Traverse Ridge Road, near Rosa's home. Investigators were waiting Monday to release a cause of death pending an autopsy report from the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office. But Draper police spokeswoman Maridene Hancock said foul play was not suspected.
Rosa was reporting missing about 3:30 p.m. Sunday. About 9:30 p.m., neighbors searching for Rosa found her body in the snow. Police said the bitter cold weather may have played a factor in her death.
Initially, it was reported that Rosa was last seen wearing pink pajamas, no shoes and no coat. When her body was found, she was dressed in clothing "appropriate to go for a walk," Hancock said.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- UDOT to release preliminary results of S.R....
- Walking tour, barbecue Saturday in Murray
- Utah communities still among fastest-growing...
- Photos: Oh, let's go fly ... a drone
- Photos: Subway treats the needy to lunch
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 14
- Utah defends busting theater for... 12