Body of missing Draper woman found; foul play not suspected
Shara Park, Deseret News
DRAPER — Police have confirmed that a body found Sunday night in a construction area is that of a missing Draper woman.
The body of Lisa Rosa, 57, was found in a construction area, 14886 Traverse Ridge Road, near Rosa's home. Investigators were waiting Monday to release a cause of death pending an autopsy report from the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office. But Draper police spokeswoman Maridene Hancock said foul play was not suspected.
Rosa was reporting missing about 3:30 p.m. Sunday. About 9:30 p.m., neighbors searching for Rosa found her body in the snow. Police said the bitter cold weather may have played a factor in her death.
Initially, it was reported that Rosa was last seen wearing pink pajamas, no shoes and no coat. When her body was found, she was dressed in clothing "appropriate to go for a walk," Hancock said.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 22
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18