Body of missing Draper woman found; foul play not suspected
Shara Park, Deseret News
DRAPER — Police have confirmed that a body found Sunday night in a construction area is that of a missing Draper woman.
The body of Lisa Rosa, 57, was found in a construction area, 14886 Traverse Ridge Road, near Rosa's home. Investigators were waiting Monday to release a cause of death pending an autopsy report from the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office. But Draper police spokeswoman Maridene Hancock said foul play was not suspected.
Rosa was reporting missing about 3:30 p.m. Sunday. About 9:30 p.m., neighbors searching for Rosa found her body in the snow. Police said the bitter cold weather may have played a factor in her death.
Initially, it was reported that Rosa was last seen wearing pink pajamas, no shoes and no coat. When her body was found, she was dressed in clothing "appropriate to go for a walk," Hancock said.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13