Today in the Bloggernacle: Delightful post tells tale of LDS mission transfers in the Philippines
Missionary story: "Twas the night before transfers ... when all through the mission ... the assistants and president had made their decisions." A delightful post by the blog Mission Highlights uses prose and photos to show how the Cauayan Philippines Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints handles transfers.
Here's a bit more from the post: "And Sister Carlos in her kerchief and I in my cap had just settled our carabaos for a long December's nap ... when over in the office there arose such a clatter the Lakers sprang from their chairs to see what was the matter. The computers weren't printing! They flew like a flash." Wow! So creative and fun.
Favorite crafts: A water blob. A cute chore chart. DIY canvas prints. And much more. Ginger Snap Crafts lists its "Top 12 projects of 2012" and each one looks more clever and creative than the last. Enjoy!
5 minutes: Here is a quick but impactful family home evening lesson for tonight from the blog Keepin' up with LDS Bookstores. In fact, as the blog post title says, it's a "5 Min. FHE: We are to Feast Upon the Words of Christ." Using a little lesson, some scriptures, and some printables, teach your family about the importance of scripture study. It's a great lesson to begin this new year and perhaps meet some goals.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- Be thankful — there's a theology of...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 104
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 35
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 34
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 34
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 22
- New friends plan to work together to... 20
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 16