Today in the Bloggernacle: Delightful post tells tale of LDS mission transfers in the Philippines
Missionary story: "Twas the night before transfers ... when all through the mission ... the assistants and president had made their decisions." A delightful post by the blog Mission Highlights uses prose and photos to show how the Cauayan Philippines Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints handles transfers.
Here's a bit more from the post: "And Sister Carlos in her kerchief and I in my cap had just settled our carabaos for a long December's nap ... when over in the office there arose such a clatter the Lakers sprang from their chairs to see what was the matter. The computers weren't printing! They flew like a flash." Wow! So creative and fun.
Favorite crafts: A water blob. A cute chore chart. DIY canvas prints. And much more. Ginger Snap Crafts lists its "Top 12 projects of 2012" and each one looks more clever and creative than the last. Enjoy!
5 minutes: Here is a quick but impactful family home evening lesson for tonight from the blog Keepin' up with LDS Bookstores. In fact, as the blog post title says, it's a "5 Min. FHE: We are to Feast Upon the Words of Christ." Using a little lesson, some scriptures, and some printables, teach your family about the importance of scripture study. It's a great lesson to begin this new year and perhaps meet some goals.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 172
- Why I don’t call myself a... 95
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 64
- General Women's Session focuses on... 29
- State bills to protect religious... 22
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 14
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 13