WASHINGTON — BYU senior Zac Blair fired a final round 3-under to finish 7-under par and defend his Coral Canyon Amateur title Sunday.
Blair's 69 was a stroke more than his Saturday round of 4-under 68, as he led the competition from start to finish.
Blair, an unprecedented four-time Utah Golf Association Player of the Year, won by three strokes over Dixie State freshman Kenny You and six shots over third-place finisher Mike Jurca.
The BYU senior is expected to return to Southern Utah to defend his St. George Amateur title at the St. George Golf Club next week.
"I played pretty good but missed some short birdie putts that would have made both rounds better," said Blair, who has spent time this winter playing in Arizona and Florida during his semester break.
SUU fifth-year senior Sadie Palmer, the only woman in the tournament, won the first flight with rounds of 78-76 (154), good for a four-shot win over Josh Jensen. Mike Jorgensen's three-under par 141 was enough to capture the senior flight over Jim Kane who finished at one-over par 145 for the two days.
Dick Harmon, Deseret News sports columnist, can be found on Twitter as Harmonwrites and can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 123
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 76
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 52
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33