WASHINGTON — BYU senior Zac Blair fired a final round 3-under to finish 7-under par and defend his Coral Canyon Amateur title Sunday.
Blair's 69 was a stroke more than his Saturday round of 4-under 68, as he led the competition from start to finish.
Blair, an unprecedented four-time Utah Golf Association Player of the Year, won by three strokes over Dixie State freshman Kenny You and six shots over third-place finisher Mike Jurca.
The BYU senior is expected to return to Southern Utah to defend his St. George Amateur title at the St. George Golf Club next week.
"I played pretty good but missed some short birdie putts that would have made both rounds better," said Blair, who has spent time this winter playing in Arizona and Florida during his semester break.
SUU fifth-year senior Sadie Palmer, the only woman in the tournament, won the first flight with rounds of 78-76 (154), good for a four-shot win over Josh Jensen. Mike Jorgensen's three-under par 141 was enough to capture the senior flight over Jim Kane who finished at one-over par 145 for the two days.
Dick Harmon, Deseret News sports columnist, can be found on Twitter as Harmonwrites and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 10
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this... 5