WEST VALLEY CITY — Police were searching Sunday for a man involved in a shooting after a wounded man limped into a bar.
Jose Mozckueda, 21, walked into the Bout Time Pub and Grub at 3318 S. Decker Lake Drive shortly after 1:30 a.m. Sunday and asked the bartender for help, said West Valley Police Lt. Dale Brophy. The police were called and Mozckueda was transported to an area hospital with a gunshot wound to the ankle and a head injury.
Brophy said the man was in stable condition and had walked roughly a quarter of a mile.
Mozckueda told police he was attending a party at the West Point Apartment complex at 3100 South and 2150 West where he was robbed at gunpoint. Brophy said police made contact with the homeowner of the apartment where the incident took place, but the suspect and others had already left the scene.
"(The homeowner) was cooperative but she didn't have any details on who the suspect was," Brophy said, adding that investigators believe the incident may have been drug-related.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- 4 honored with 2016 Public Service Awards
- Utah STEM Action Center establishes...
- Tyler Library to reopen June 11
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 106
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 14
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9