WEST VALLEY CITY — Police were searching Sunday for a man involved in a shooting after a wounded man limped into a bar.
Jose Mozckueda, 21, walked into the Bout Time Pub and Grub at 3318 S. Decker Lake Drive shortly after 1:30 a.m. Sunday and asked the bartender for help, said West Valley Police Lt. Dale Brophy. The police were called and Mozckueda was transported to an area hospital with a gunshot wound to the ankle and a head injury.
Brophy said the man was in stable condition and had walked roughly a quarter of a mile.
Mozckueda told police he was attending a party at the West Point Apartment complex at 3100 South and 2150 West where he was robbed at gunpoint. Brophy said police made contact with the homeowner of the apartment where the incident took place, but the suspect and others had already left the scene.
"(The homeowner) was cooperative but she didn't have any details on who the suspect was," Brophy said, adding that investigators believe the incident may have been drug-related.
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 109
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 43
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 31
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17