Utah Jazz notebook: Coach Tyrone Corbin sees potential in Alec Burks at point guard
COMPLIMENT FROM KARL: Denver coach George Karl has long been an admirer of Jerry Sloan and his system, and before Saturday's game he said the Hall of Famer's touch is still visible in this up-and-down Jazz squad.
"I think there's still a lot of Jerry Sloan in what they do. They still run a lot of the same plays," Karl said. "I think they've become more of a low-post offensive team. They were more of a cutting and executing team in the past."
Though Utah is on the outside looking in on the playoff picture right now, Karl wouldn't be surprised if that turned around.
"I thought they had a great year last year," he said, "and I think they're on the cusp of having a really good year this year."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34