SOUTH SALT LAKE — An early morning fire at a duplex caused an estimated $150,000 damage.
"I got woken up by pounding at the door. The neighbors were there saying the garage was on fire and we needed to call 911," said Heidi Springsteed.
The fire was reported about 1 a.m. Saturday at 560 E. Millcreek Way (3500 South).
"When I answered the door, everything was on fire and her car was melting in the driveway, and it was the scariest thing that ever happened to me," Springsteed said.
Five people live in the duplex. All occupants were able to get out safely. Springsteed said she was thankful for having a 72-hour kit and for the assistance of the Red Cross.
The cause of the fire was still being investigated Saturday.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- U.S. approaching 'sudden' phase of...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 123
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 29
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20