SOUTH SALT LAKE — An early morning fire at a duplex caused an estimated $150,000 damage.
"I got woken up by pounding at the door. The neighbors were there saying the garage was on fire and we needed to call 911," said Heidi Springsteed.
The fire was reported about 1 a.m. Saturday at 560 E. Millcreek Way (3500 South).
"When I answered the door, everything was on fire and her car was melting in the driveway, and it was the scariest thing that ever happened to me," Springsteed said.
Five people live in the duplex. All occupants were able to get out safely. Springsteed said she was thankful for having a 72-hour kit and for the assistance of the Red Cross.
The cause of the fire was still being investigated Saturday.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- 4 honored with 2016 Public Service Awards
- Utah STEM Action Center establishes...
- Tyler Library to reopen June 11
- Murray man arrested in Holladay killing...
- Utah Fraternal Order of Police endorses Gov....
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 106
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 14
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9