SOUTH SALT LAKE — An early morning fire at a duplex caused an estimated $150,000 damage.
"I got woken up by pounding at the door. The neighbors were there saying the garage was on fire and we needed to call 911," said Heidi Springsteed.
The fire was reported about 1 a.m. Saturday at 560 E. Millcreek Way (3500 South).
"When I answered the door, everything was on fire and her car was melting in the driveway, and it was the scariest thing that ever happened to me," Springsteed said.
Five people live in the duplex. All occupants were able to get out safely. Springsteed said she was thankful for having a 72-hour kit and for the assistance of the Red Cross.
The cause of the fire was still being investigated Saturday.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 35
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22
- Government regulation has become like... 22