SOUTH SALT LAKE — An early morning fire at a duplex caused an estimated $150,000 damage.
"I got woken up by pounding at the door. The neighbors were there saying the garage was on fire and we needed to call 911," said Heidi Springsteed.
The fire was reported about 1 a.m. Saturday at 560 E. Millcreek Way (3500 South).
"When I answered the door, everything was on fire and her car was melting in the driveway, and it was the scariest thing that ever happened to me," Springsteed said.
Five people live in the duplex. All occupants were able to get out safely. Springsteed said she was thankful for having a 72-hour kit and for the assistance of the Red Cross.
The cause of the fire was still being investigated Saturday.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 33
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21