SOUTH SALT LAKE — An early morning fire at a duplex caused an estimated $150,000 damage.
"I got woken up by pounding at the door. The neighbors were there saying the garage was on fire and we needed to call 911," said Heidi Springsteed.
The fire was reported about 1 a.m. Saturday at 560 E. Millcreek Way (3500 South).
"When I answered the door, everything was on fire and her car was melting in the driveway, and it was the scariest thing that ever happened to me," Springsteed said.
Five people live in the duplex. All occupants were able to get out safely. Springsteed said she was thankful for having a 72-hour kit and for the assistance of the Red Cross.
The cause of the fire was still being investigated Saturday.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 31
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 20
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17