“We hit the trough in January of 2012,” said Cal Musselman, president of the Utah Association of Realtors. “We’ve had eight months in a row of increased equity.”
He also noted that sales have increased for 18 consecutive months in Utah, signaling growing stability in the state’s housing market. Currently, the market has an estimated 5.7 months of available inventory for sale — another indicator of market strength.
Six months of inventory is considered “the definitive line between a buyers’ market and a sellers’ market,” Musselman explained.
He said conditions are currently very favorable for a significant improvement in the area housing market.
“We think we’ll see more people entering the market,” he said.
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- As times get better can you keep a leash on...
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of the...
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey on trust
- Millennials relying on prepaid cards and...
- Want a better return on your college...
- Got weeds? Hire a goat
- Utah high school students receive engineering...
- Want a better return on your college... 17
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 17
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey... 10
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of... 6
- Got weeds? Hire a goat 2
- Private school in Texas gives students... 2
- Highly efficient 'passive homes' gain... 1
- Secret to Prism program: It's just one... 1