Utah Jazz notebook: Sleepy Mo Williams' surgery goes well and Enes Kanter tries a popcorn trick
As he explained, this was Jefferson's 28th birthday: "I do the same thing I do every game day — get up, go to shootaround, eat, get some sleep, wake up, eat again, come to the game."
He also played and flew to Denver.
The Jazz don’t have a rookie with them — Murphy is with Reno in the D-League — so Jefferson didn't even get Happy Birthday sung to him.
"I kind of gave everybody a break this year," Jefferson said. "We needed this win."
Big Al said he might make Kanter sing — and dance — for him when his sprained ankle gets better.
"Last year, I sung for him," second-year guard Alec Burks said. "I don't know about this year. We'll see."
Jefferson gave Paul Millsap grief for not treating him right on his birthday. So what did the power forward do for his buddy?
"Nothing," he said, smiling. "I didn't even know it was his birthday."
- San Francisco coach apologizes for postgame...
- Dick Harmon: BYU exits Las Vegas in a...
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early lead,...
- WCC Championship game tale of the tape, BYU...
- BYU football: Cougar corner Trent Trammell...
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth's knee...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 86
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 74
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 65
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 53
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 32
- Utah basketball: Regular-season finale... 24