Utah Jazz: Roughed-up Paul Millsap hurts Phoenix Suns where it counts
Corbin credited the Jazz for being more "aggressive" after the first quarter, leading to their first win in Phoenix in nearly three calendar years. That victory happened on March 4, 2010, with players like Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams and Andrei Kirilenko on the roster and a Hall of Fame coach on the sideline.
"It's a new year," the Jazz coach reminded reporters before the game when told of that dry spell. "It's 2013. We're starting all over. Happy New Year!"
After the game, he smiled and said, "It feels great."
Despite what his body went through, Millsap felt the same way.
"This is what I do it for. It's fun out there," Millsap said. "It's not fun to get the stitches, but it's all part of it."
He'll happily take the grimaces and groans if it comes with wins.
"I was having fun. Our team was having fun," Millsap said. "We were doing everything we was supposed to do. It started on the defensive end. When we're getting out running, having fun, we're going to beat any team in this league."
According to Big Al, the same goes for the Jazz when Millsap plays like he did Friday.
"I have led many games in scoring and we have lost a few, but when Paul is leading it and playing well the way he played we don't lose many," Jefferson said. "It's great to see him play well like that."
The Jazz traveled to Denver after Friday's game for a game tonight against the Nuggets.
"We can't wait to get out there (tonight)," Millsap said, "especially after (Friday) and after the other night (Wednesday's win vs. Minnesota). It's fun."
NOTES: Utah won the ugly, low-scoring second quarter 17-9. ... The Suns (12-22) only shot 32.7 percent (18 for 55) after hitting 16 of their first 20 shots. The Jazz hadn't won consecutive games since their four-game winning streak from Dec. 5-12. Utah snapped a five-game losing streak in Phoenix while improving to 7-13 away from home this season. The Jazz scored 60 of their 87 points inside the paint.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 173
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 114
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45