Utah Jazz pull away in 2nd half to earn road win over Phoenix Suns
PHOENIX — Utah Jazz forward Paul Millsap had 19 points, 10 rebounds, three assists and five steals to lead the Jazz to a road win over the Phoenix Suns, 87-80.
The Jazz trailed by as many as 11 points in the first half, but they took a 47-44 lead shortly after halftime and never trailed again.
Five Jazz players scored in double figures, led by Al Jefferson's game-high 21 points.
Utah also forced Phoenix into 20 turnovers, creating 14 extra field-goal attempts for the visitors.
Center Marcin Gortat led the Suns with 18 points and 11 rebounds. Goran Dragic added 17 points and six assists.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: TheShums
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 36
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8