Utah Jazz pull away in 2nd half to earn road win over Phoenix Suns
PHOENIX — Utah Jazz forward Paul Millsap had 19 points, 10 rebounds, three assists and five steals to lead the Jazz to a road win over the Phoenix Suns, 87-80.
The Jazz trailed by as many as 11 points in the first half, but they took a 47-44 lead shortly after halftime and never trailed again.
Five Jazz players scored in double figures, led by Al Jefferson's game-high 21 points.
Utah also forced Phoenix into 20 turnovers, creating 14 extra field-goal attempts for the visitors.
Center Marcin Gortat led the Suns with 18 points and 11 rebounds. Goran Dragic added 17 points and six assists.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: TheShums
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 282
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 69
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 33