Washburn, who had a monster game against ASU with 19 points, 18 rebounds and four blocks, expects Arizona to come out and try to put the Utes down early.
“We’re going to have to keep our composure. We know they’re going to make shots. They’re going to go on runs,” he said. “We’ve just got to douse fires and light a few of our own, give ourselves a chance win in the end. If we can do that, I think we’ll be in good shape.”
Plus, there’s a little something to add from Utah’s previous trip to Tucson — a certain approach and mindset.
“Coach is a great motivator,” Washburn said. “He’ll find a way to get our guys going.”
Utah (8-5, 0-1) at No. 3 Arizona (13-0, 1-0)
McKale Center, Tucson
Saturday, 3 p.m.
TV: Pac-12 Network
Radio: ESPN 700AM
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- Results from Tuesday's high school softball,...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- High school boys soccer: Lehi edges...
- Utah high school updated tournament pairings...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 20
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 19
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 15
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8