Washburn, who had a monster game against ASU with 19 points, 18 rebounds and four blocks, expects Arizona to come out and try to put the Utes down early.
“We’re going to have to keep our composure. We know they’re going to make shots. They’re going to go on runs,” he said. “We’ve just got to douse fires and light a few of our own, give ourselves a chance win in the end. If we can do that, I think we’ll be in good shape.”
Plus, there’s a little something to add from Utah’s previous trip to Tucson — a certain approach and mindset.
“Coach is a great motivator,” Washburn said. “He’ll find a way to get our guys going.”
Utah (8-5, 0-1) at No. 3 Arizona (13-0, 1-0)
McKale Center, Tucson
Saturday, 3 p.m.
TV: Pac-12 Network
Radio: ESPN 700AM
- MLS Cup live blog: Sporting KC wins 7-6 in...
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog: Minutemen's...
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom Hill,...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Utah State football: Immovable Aggies face...
- BYU basketball: Hot-shooting UMass fires its...
- Utah Jazz: Rip City, all right...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws'...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 59
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 49
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 26
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 24