WASHINGTON TERRACE, Weber County — A woman who said she was stabbed during a robbery attempt made up the story, police said Friday.
The woman reported that a man with a knife approached her near 5350 S. Adams Ave. as she was leaving her doctor's office Thursday afternoon. She told police the man stabbed her in the abdomen and she was treated for minor injuries at a hospital. She also provided a description of her attacker to officers.
But after additional investigation and interviews with the woman, the Weber County Sheriff's Office determined that no robbery took place. Investigators do not plan to prosecute the woman.
"The 35-year-old female who stated she was robbed and stabbed later admitted to detectives that she made the incident up. In light of the information learned, no criminal charges will be filed," the sheriff's office said in a prepared statement.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- Police say unlicensed massage therapist...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15