WASHINGTON TERRACE, Weber County — A woman who said she was stabbed during a robbery attempt made up the story, police said Friday.
The woman reported that a man with a knife approached her near 5350 S. Adams Ave. as she was leaving her doctor's office Thursday afternoon. She told police the man stabbed her in the abdomen and she was treated for minor injuries at a hospital. She also provided a description of her attacker to officers.
But after additional investigation and interviews with the woman, the Weber County Sheriff's Office determined that no robbery took place. Investigators do not plan to prosecute the woman.
"The 35-year-old female who stated she was robbed and stabbed later admitted to detectives that she made the incident up. In light of the information learned, no criminal charges will be filed," the sheriff's office said in a prepared statement.
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 22
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Race heating up as congressional... 11