WASHINGTON TERRACE, Weber County — A woman who said she was stabbed during a robbery attempt made up the story, police said Friday.
The woman reported that a man with a knife approached her near 5350 S. Adams Ave. as she was leaving her doctor's office Thursday afternoon. She told police the man stabbed her in the abdomen and she was treated for minor injuries at a hospital. She also provided a description of her attacker to officers.
But after additional investigation and interviews with the woman, the Weber County Sheriff's Office determined that no robbery took place. Investigators do not plan to prosecute the woman.
"The 35-year-old female who stated she was robbed and stabbed later admitted to detectives that she made the incident up. In light of the information learned, no criminal charges will be filed," the sheriff's office said in a prepared statement.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 63
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 47
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 10
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9