WASHINGTON TERRACE, Weber County — A woman who said she was stabbed during a robbery attempt made up the story, police said Friday.
The woman reported that a man with a knife approached her near 5350 S. Adams Ave. as she was leaving her doctor's office Thursday afternoon. She told police the man stabbed her in the abdomen and she was treated for minor injuries at a hospital. She also provided a description of her attacker to officers.
But after additional investigation and interviews with the woman, the Weber County Sheriff's Office determined that no robbery took place. Investigators do not plan to prosecute the woman.
"The 35-year-old female who stated she was robbed and stabbed later admitted to detectives that she made the incident up. In light of the information learned, no criminal charges will be filed," the sheriff's office said in a prepared statement.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 21
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12