WASHINGTON TERRACE, Weber County — A woman who said she was stabbed during a robbery attempt made up the story, police said Friday.
The woman reported that a man with a knife approached her near 5350 S. Adams Ave. as she was leaving her doctor's office Thursday afternoon. She told police the man stabbed her in the abdomen and she was treated for minor injuries at a hospital. She also provided a description of her attacker to officers.
But after additional investigation and interviews with the woman, the Weber County Sheriff's Office determined that no robbery took place. Investigators do not plan to prosecute the woman.
"The 35-year-old female who stated she was robbed and stabbed later admitted to detectives that she made the incident up. In light of the information learned, no criminal charges will be filed," the sheriff's office said in a prepared statement.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13