Mark Mainz, File, Associated Press
PARK CITY — Actor, writer and director Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been selected to host the 2013 Sundance Film Festival Awards Ceremony, festival officials announced Friday.
Levitt — who appeared this year in "Lincoln," "The Dark Knight Rises," "Looper" and "Premium Rush" — is an Artist Trustee of the Sundance Institute. He has appeared in seven films at past Sundance festivals and his feature film directorial debut, "Don Jon's Addiction," is among the titles selected for the 2013 event.
"Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s accomplished and original artistic perspectives have contributed greatly to Sundance Institute and the independent film community," John Cooper, director of the Sundance Film Festival, said in a prepared statement. "As host, he is sure to add flair to our awards ceremony in similarly exciting ways, and we are thrilled that he will join us in recognizing outstanding achievements at this year’s festival.”
The 2013 Sundance Film Festival will take place between Jan. 17 and Jan. 27 in Park City, Salt Lake City, Ogden and Sundance. The feature film awards ceremony will be held Jan. 26.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 50
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 17
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15