Mark Mainz, File, Associated Press
PARK CITY — Actor, writer and director Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been selected to host the 2013 Sundance Film Festival Awards Ceremony, festival officials announced Friday.
Levitt — who appeared this year in "Lincoln," "The Dark Knight Rises," "Looper" and "Premium Rush" — is an Artist Trustee of the Sundance Institute. He has appeared in seven films at past Sundance festivals and his feature film directorial debut, "Don Jon's Addiction," is among the titles selected for the 2013 event.
"Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s accomplished and original artistic perspectives have contributed greatly to Sundance Institute and the independent film community," John Cooper, director of the Sundance Film Festival, said in a prepared statement. "As host, he is sure to add flair to our awards ceremony in similarly exciting ways, and we are thrilled that he will join us in recognizing outstanding achievements at this year’s festival.”
The 2013 Sundance Film Festival will take place between Jan. 17 and Jan. 27 in Park City, Salt Lake City, Ogden and Sundance. The feature film awards ceremony will be held Jan. 26.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 91
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 18
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 18
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911... 11