Mark Mainz, File, Associated Press
PARK CITY — Actor, writer and director Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been selected to host the 2013 Sundance Film Festival Awards Ceremony, festival officials announced Friday.
Levitt — who appeared this year in "Lincoln," "The Dark Knight Rises," "Looper" and "Premium Rush" — is an Artist Trustee of the Sundance Institute. He has appeared in seven films at past Sundance festivals and his feature film directorial debut, "Don Jon's Addiction," is among the titles selected for the 2013 event.
"Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s accomplished and original artistic perspectives have contributed greatly to Sundance Institute and the independent film community," John Cooper, director of the Sundance Film Festival, said in a prepared statement. "As host, he is sure to add flair to our awards ceremony in similarly exciting ways, and we are thrilled that he will join us in recognizing outstanding achievements at this year’s festival.”
The 2013 Sundance Film Festival will take place between Jan. 17 and Jan. 27 in Park City, Salt Lake City, Ogden and Sundance. The feature film awards ceremony will be held Jan. 26.
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 84
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 31
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7