Mark Mainz, File, Associated Press
PARK CITY — Actor, writer and director Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been selected to host the 2013 Sundance Film Festival Awards Ceremony, festival officials announced Friday.
Levitt — who appeared this year in "Lincoln," "The Dark Knight Rises," "Looper" and "Premium Rush" — is an Artist Trustee of the Sundance Institute. He has appeared in seven films at past Sundance festivals and his feature film directorial debut, "Don Jon's Addiction," is among the titles selected for the 2013 event.
"Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s accomplished and original artistic perspectives have contributed greatly to Sundance Institute and the independent film community," John Cooper, director of the Sundance Film Festival, said in a prepared statement. "As host, he is sure to add flair to our awards ceremony in similarly exciting ways, and we are thrilled that he will join us in recognizing outstanding achievements at this year’s festival.”
The 2013 Sundance Film Festival will take place between Jan. 17 and Jan. 27 in Park City, Salt Lake City, Ogden and Sundance. The feature film awards ceremony will be held Jan. 26.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system draws...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13