Mark Mainz, File, Associated Press
PARK CITY — Actor, writer and director Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been selected to host the 2013 Sundance Film Festival Awards Ceremony, festival officials announced Friday.
Levitt — who appeared this year in "Lincoln," "The Dark Knight Rises," "Looper" and "Premium Rush" — is an Artist Trustee of the Sundance Institute. He has appeared in seven films at past Sundance festivals and his feature film directorial debut, "Don Jon's Addiction," is among the titles selected for the 2013 event.
"Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s accomplished and original artistic perspectives have contributed greatly to Sundance Institute and the independent film community," John Cooper, director of the Sundance Film Festival, said in a prepared statement. "As host, he is sure to add flair to our awards ceremony in similarly exciting ways, and we are thrilled that he will join us in recognizing outstanding achievements at this year’s festival.”
The 2013 Sundance Film Festival will take place between Jan. 17 and Jan. 27 in Park City, Salt Lake City, Ogden and Sundance. The feature film awards ceremony will be held Jan. 26.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16