SALT LAKE CITY — A California-based burger chain is opening its first Utah location and is looking to immediately give back to the community.
The Habit Burger Grill will celebrate its grand opening Thursday, Jan. 10, at 2121 S. McClelland St. (about 1050 East). But before that, it will hold charity events to benefit three Utah nonprofits. Patrons are invited to dine at the new restaurant, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the organizations.
On Tuesday, Jan. 8, from noon-2 p.m., all proceeds will be donated to YMCA of Northern Utah. Later that day, from 5-7 p.m., the event will benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake. On Wednesday, Jan. 9, from noon-2 p.m., Habit Burger will donate its take to YWCA of Salt Lake City.
Habit Burger Grill originated in Santa Barbara, Calif., and has been in business for more than 40 years.
- The creepiest Internet-related happenings of...
- 10 celebrities who lost the budget battle to...
- Davis County cities propose property tax...
- Do jobs need to be fulfilling?
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- Things are looking up in the economy, but not...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric... 4
- Consumer index climbs to record level... 4
- Report: More acidic seawater poses... 3