Woman stabbed in attempted robbery near Ogden hospital
WASHINGTON TERRACE, Weber County — A woman is recovering after she was stabbed in a robbery attempt in a parking lot Thursday.
Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said the woman was stabbed about 1:45 p.m. near 5350 S. Adams Ave. as she was leaving her doctor's office. The man held the woman at knife point, then stabbed her in the abdomen, he said.
Deputies arrived on the scene within minutes, but the man had fled.
The woman was taken to nearby Ogden Regional Medical Center, where she was treated for minor injuries to the neck and abdomen. Police have been unable to determine a motive in the attack, and are still unsure about what was taken, Lowther said.
The suspect is described as "very tall," between 6 feet 4 inches and 6 feet 6 inches. He was wearing a ski mask, hooded sweatshirt, dark clothing and tan work boots.
Lowther urged anyone in a similar situation to comply with the robber's demands, pay attention to details about the attacker and contact police as quickly as possible.
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 61
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 47
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 21
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 21
- Utah high school students unprepared... 16
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15