WASHINGTON TERRACE, Weber County — A woman is recovering after she was stabbed in a robbery attempt in a parking lot Thursday.
Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said the woman was stabbed about 1:45 p.m. near 5350 S. Adams Ave. as she was leaving her doctor's office. The man held the woman at knife point, then stabbed her in the abdomen, he said.
Deputies arrived on the scene within minutes, but the man had fled.
The woman was taken to nearby Ogden Regional Medical Center, where she was treated for minor injuries to the neck and abdomen. Police have been unable to determine a motive in the attack, and are still unsure about what was taken, Lowther said.
The suspect is described as "very tall," between 6 feet 4 inches and 6 feet 6 inches. He was wearing a ski mask, hooded sweatshirt, dark clothing and tan work boots.
Lowther urged anyone in a similar situation to comply with the robber's demands, pay attention to details about the attacker and contact police as quickly as possible.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Study: Fathers as likely as mothers to kill...
- Dinosaur discoveries in Utah's 'amazing...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 98
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 14