Woman stabbed in attempted robbery near Ogden hospital
WASHINGTON TERRACE, Weber County — A woman is recovering after she was stabbed in a robbery attempt in a parking lot Thursday.
Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said the woman was stabbed about 1:45 p.m. near 5350 S. Adams Ave. as she was leaving her doctor's office. The man held the woman at knife point, then stabbed her in the abdomen, he said.
Deputies arrived on the scene within minutes, but the man had fled.
The woman was taken to nearby Ogden Regional Medical Center, where she was treated for minor injuries to the neck and abdomen. Police have been unable to determine a motive in the attack, and are still unsure about what was taken, Lowther said.
The suspect is described as "very tall," between 6 feet 4 inches and 6 feet 6 inches. He was wearing a ski mask, hooded sweatshirt, dark clothing and tan work boots.
Lowther urged anyone in a similar situation to comply with the robber's demands, pay attention to details about the attacker and contact police as quickly as possible.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 47
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 24
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake... 19