Woman stabbed in attempted robbery near Ogden hospital
WASHINGTON TERRACE, Weber County — A woman is recovering after she was stabbed in a robbery attempt in a parking lot Thursday.
Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said the woman was stabbed about 1:45 p.m. near 5350 S. Adams Ave. as she was leaving her doctor's office. The man held the woman at knife point, then stabbed her in the abdomen, he said.
Deputies arrived on the scene within minutes, but the man had fled.
The woman was taken to nearby Ogden Regional Medical Center, where she was treated for minor injuries to the neck and abdomen. Police have been unable to determine a motive in the attack, and are still unsure about what was taken, Lowther said.
The suspect is described as "very tall," between 6 feet 4 inches and 6 feet 6 inches. He was wearing a ski mask, hooded sweatshirt, dark clothing and tan work boots.
Lowther urged anyone in a similar situation to comply with the robber's demands, pay attention to details about the attacker and contact police as quickly as possible.
- What Utah voters need to know for the 2016...
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah, but lead...
- Two arrested in dangerous Taylorsville chase,...
- Celebrate July 4 at South Salt Lake Freedom...
- Logan toddler killed in driveway accident...
- UTA offers late TRAX, S-Line service for Utah...
- Dam project forces closure of Tibble Fork area
- Two arrested for allegedly siccing pit bull...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah,... 43
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 27
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21