Woman stabbed in attempted robbery near Ogden hospital
WASHINGTON TERRACE, Weber County — A woman is recovering after she was stabbed in a robbery attempt in a parking lot Thursday.
Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said the woman was stabbed about 1:45 p.m. near 5350 S. Adams Ave. as she was leaving her doctor's office. The man held the woman at knife point, then stabbed her in the abdomen, he said.
Deputies arrived on the scene within minutes, but the man had fled.
The woman was taken to nearby Ogden Regional Medical Center, where she was treated for minor injuries to the neck and abdomen. Police have been unable to determine a motive in the attack, and are still unsure about what was taken, Lowther said.
The suspect is described as "very tall," between 6 feet 4 inches and 6 feet 6 inches. He was wearing a ski mask, hooded sweatshirt, dark clothing and tan work boots.
Lowther urged anyone in a similar situation to comply with the robber's demands, pay attention to details about the attacker and contact police as quickly as possible.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 52
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 35
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 11