Utah high school basketball: 10 boys basketball players to watch moving into region play
As the state's basketball teams prepare for region play, wins and losses become more important. The next six weeks will be about region titles and playoff seeding, rather than rankings or bragging rights. Heading into this critical section of their schedules, there are just four undefeated teams — 5A's Davis, 4A's Timpview and Springville, and 2A's Beaver.
Nationally ranked Lone Peak's only loss is to another nationally ranked team in the City of Palms Tournament. The Knights not only have a national ranking and the state's No. 1 ranking, they have three of the state's top 10 players in their starting line-up.
The Deseret News' 10 players to watch includes four future Cougars, one future Ute and two future Aggies. Of the 10 players, three are juniors, while the rest are seniors.
They include the state's top three offensive players — South Sevier's Race Parsons (26.1 ppg), East's Parker Van Dyke (27 ppg), and Weber's Hayden Schenck (28.4 ppg).
From across the state of Utah, here are all the players in the Deseret News boys prep hoops watch list.
Twitter: dnpreps, adonsports
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0