Church media: Make the resolution to "Use More Church Media," advises Larry Richman, and I heartily agree. To make it easy, Richman has compiled a whole list of links (12) to video outlets from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, including Mormon Messages, Bible Videos, One in a Million Videos for Children and much more. Click in and bookmark.
Missionary work: I love seeing how missionaries celebrate holidays; in this case, it's the New Year's holiday in the San Salvador El Salvador Mission. But this blog post also gives a glimpse of the work these missionaries are doing for those wishing to attend the temple: "What a blessing each of these four couples has been in helping start this new temple and teaching our brand-new temple workers. Each day the temple is open they have either an eight- to nine-hour morning/afternoon shift, or an eight- to nine-hour afternoon/evening shift. They are such a blessing to the work in this temple." Wow. Click in to read more!
Brazilian temple: Speaking of the blessings of the temple, youths in Brazil share their testimonies about the new temple in the Manaus area. I love that the video is in Portuguese. I also love seeing these vibrant youths participate in the cultural celebration. And I love just learning about "Our Temple in the Amazon" from the youths themselves. Click in to view and share.
Primary helps: In a Primary presidency calling? Then bookmark this "January 2013 Sharing Time Helps and Ideas" post to come up with ways to teach the Primary children this month. Check it out.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 103
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 58
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 19
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 13
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 8