SANDY — The city is now accepting glass bottles and jars for recycling. Items can be dropped off at Sandy City Public Works, 8775 S. 700 West. This service is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The glass will be taken to a local glass recycler, currently Momentum Recycling, which operates in the Salt Lake Valley. The recycling program is a partnership between the city and Waste Management of Utah Inc.
Only bottles and jars will be accepted. All colored glass is acceptable, including broken bottles and jars. Residents should empty the container of contents and remove lids and corks, and all items must be placed in the bin.
The facility will not accept ceramics, light bulbs, mirrors, windshields, windows, dishes, plates, glasses, coffee pots, Pyrex, fish tanks, bags, boxes or 6-pack cartons
For more information, call Sandy City Public Works at 801-568-2999.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8