SANDY — The city is now accepting glass bottles and jars for recycling. Items can be dropped off at Sandy City Public Works, 8775 S. 700 West. This service is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The glass will be taken to a local glass recycler, currently Momentum Recycling, which operates in the Salt Lake Valley. The recycling program is a partnership between the city and Waste Management of Utah Inc.
Only bottles and jars will be accepted. All colored glass is acceptable, including broken bottles and jars. Residents should empty the container of contents and remove lids and corks, and all items must be placed in the bin.
The facility will not accept ceramics, light bulbs, mirrors, windshields, windows, dishes, plates, glasses, coffee pots, Pyrex, fish tanks, bags, boxes or 6-pack cartons
For more information, call Sandy City Public Works at 801-568-2999.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 15