SANDY — The city is now accepting glass bottles and jars for recycling. Items can be dropped off at Sandy City Public Works, 8775 S. 700 West. This service is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The glass will be taken to a local glass recycler, currently Momentum Recycling, which operates in the Salt Lake Valley. The recycling program is a partnership between the city and Waste Management of Utah Inc.
Only bottles and jars will be accepted. All colored glass is acceptable, including broken bottles and jars. Residents should empty the container of contents and remove lids and corks, and all items must be placed in the bin.
The facility will not accept ceramics, light bulbs, mirrors, windshields, windows, dishes, plates, glasses, coffee pots, Pyrex, fish tanks, bags, boxes or 6-pack cartons
For more information, call Sandy City Public Works at 801-568-2999.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11