SANDY — The city is now accepting glass bottles and jars for recycling. Items can be dropped off at Sandy City Public Works, 8775 S. 700 West. This service is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The glass will be taken to a local glass recycler, currently Momentum Recycling, which operates in the Salt Lake Valley. The recycling program is a partnership between the city and Waste Management of Utah Inc.
Only bottles and jars will be accepted. All colored glass is acceptable, including broken bottles and jars. Residents should empty the container of contents and remove lids and corks, and all items must be placed in the bin.
The facility will not accept ceramics, light bulbs, mirrors, windshields, windows, dishes, plates, glasses, coffee pots, Pyrex, fish tanks, bags, boxes or 6-pack cartons
For more information, call Sandy City Public Works at 801-568-2999.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17