SANDY — The city is now accepting glass bottles and jars for recycling. Items can be dropped off at Sandy City Public Works, 8775 S. 700 West. This service is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The glass will be taken to a local glass recycler, currently Momentum Recycling, which operates in the Salt Lake Valley. The recycling program is a partnership between the city and Waste Management of Utah Inc.
Only bottles and jars will be accepted. All colored glass is acceptable, including broken bottles and jars. Residents should empty the container of contents and remove lids and corks, and all items must be placed in the bin.
The facility will not accept ceramics, light bulbs, mirrors, windshields, windows, dishes, plates, glasses, coffee pots, Pyrex, fish tanks, bags, boxes or 6-pack cartons
For more information, call Sandy City Public Works at 801-568-2999.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Report: Communication breakdowns... 10
- About Utah: Selling bikes the... 7