Utah Jazz get contributions from everyone to end losing streak with victory over Timberwolves (+video)
Kanter hit a jumper and threw down a dunk, and Hayward scored on a dunk of his own, thanks to a slick lob pass from Watson. Then Kanter came up with a steal and dunk, followed by a pair of free throws, and Hayward slammed home a dunk of his own — on an unselfish assist by Kanter — to help Utah move out to a 10-point lead, 40-30, midway through the second quarter.
Jefferson's short jumper just before the halftime buzzer sounded gave Utah a 53-45 lead at intermission, and then the Jazz opened the second half with an 11-0 run to open up a 19-point lead early in the third quarter. Utah led by as many as 23, and never by less than 13, after that.
"We didn't want to relax at all; we didn't want to let these (Minnesota) guys get going," Corbin said of his team's spurt to start the third period. "We wanted to do as much as we could defensively to be aggressive and make them play against our half-court defense. ... We kept getting opportunities because we kept getting stops."
Kevin Love and Alexey Shved led the cold-shooting Timberwolves (14-14) with 13 points apiece, while former Jazzman Andrei Kirilenko added 12 points, seven rebounds, two assists and two blocks.
AK went 4 of 7 from the field and was the only Minnesota player to make more shots than he missed on a night when the T-Wolves shot a frigid Minnesota-in-January-like 34.5 percent from the field.
And although Utah snapped out of its recent slump with a solid performance on both ends of the floor, the Jazz know they must continue to try and stay together and play together in order to turn things around as they move forward this season.
"It's going to be tough for us," Corbin said of the upcoming lengthy absence of Mo Williams' leadership and toughness. "We have quality guys on this club, and we have high-character guys that understand that we all have to pick it up to be effective.
"Mo's a big part of who we are, and we're gonna miss him, but we have to pick it up in his absence."
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 153
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 41
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 40
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 20
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19