"We're just going to circle the wagons and try to determine our level without Mo," said Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey, who re-emphasized the big picture. "(Former Jazz GM) Kevin (O'Connor's) been very disciplined in building this threshold. We have two first-round picks going into next year, so we have a lot of flexibility. Anything that we do, we have to take a lot of long-term ramifications into context."
The Jazz are carrying a maximum 15 players, including exiled Raja Bell and D-League assignee Kevin Murphy, so they'd have to waive or trade someone to bring in another point guard.
A move does not appear imminent.
"This is the NBA. Injuries do happen, unfortunately," Lindsey said. "Our job is to make lemonade, both on the short term and long term."
As it stands, the Jazz are not in a Western Conference playoff position with a 16-17 record — and without the one-time All-Star point guard who runs the show.
"One of our leaders is down," Corbin said, "and we all have to rally around him to play better to make him feel better about himself."
"It's going to hurt not having Mo, but I think we'll be OK," Jefferson added. "We're going to hold it down until he comes back."
Corbin is confident the 12 remaining healthy players will pull the Jazz through to their playoff goals.
"It makes it a little tougher for us, but we believe and I trust these guys. I like all the guys on this roster," Corbin said. "Everybody has to pick it up. We as coaches have to figure out things to try and put the guys in a position to have a chance to be successful. ... The character will carry us through."
Jefferson is remaining positive, too.
"I think we're still in a good position," he said. "I think we still have a chance to reach our goals."
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- Hard work, dedication pay off for Utah's Karl...
- Stump the Smith: Can you answer the questions...
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino leaves BYU...
- LIVE TODAY: Deseret News live streaming...
- High school softball: Copper Hills earns a...
- ESPN trivia guru: University of Utah graduate...
- High school boys soccer: Lehi beats Bingham,...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- Hard work, dedication pay off for... 37
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 29
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 19
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 12
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino... 11
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8