USU football: Clune remains on Utah State football coaching staff
Clune came to Utah State after four years as Weber State’s defensive coordinator (2005-08), helping the Wildcats to a share of the 2008 Big Sky Conference title and advancing to the quarterfinals of the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs.
During the 2008 season, Clune’s defense was fourth in the Big Sky in total defense (363.9 ypg), as well as leading the Big Sky in pass defense (208.4 ypg). Weber State also led the league in pass efficiency defense (109.4), which ranked 17th in FCS.
During his tenure at Weber State, Clune coached 15 all-Big Sky Conference winners, including nine in 2008 and a second-team All-America in 2005 in Brady Fosmark.
Clune also served as defensive coordinator at Southern Utah in 2003 and 2004 until joining the Weber State staff in 2005.
Clune was a graduate assistant coach on the Utah staff in 2001 and 2002 working with running backs and linebackers. He also spent time on the football staffs at Occidental College and Fullerton Junior College coaching the defensive line and linebackers, as well as the special teams coordinator. Clune also coached at Dos Pueblos High School and Palma High School.
Clune was a defensive lineman at Fullerton JC for one year and spent one season at the University of San Diego.
Clune earned his bachelor’s degree in kinesiology from Cal State Fullerton in 2000.
Kevin Clune File
2009 — Utah State — Linebackers
2005-08 — Weber State — Defensive Coordinator
2003-04 — Southern Utah — Defensive Coordinator
2001-02 — Utah — Graduate Assistant
2000 — Occidental College — Defensive Line
1996-99 — Fullerton JC — Special Teams Coordinator/Linebackers
1993-94 — Dos Pueblos (Calif.) HS — Linebackers
1991-92 — Palma (Calif.) HS — Defensive Line/Receivers
Utah State — Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, 2012; Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, 2011
Utah State — WAC, 2012; Weber State — Big Sky, 2008.
1990 San Diego — Linebacker/Defensive Lineman
1995 Fullerton JC — Defensive Lineman
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 33
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 18
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14